Cost of Setting Up a Grow Room

Eddie45

Quick update on my super cheap approach.

If you are looking for higher yields you should go with much better lights. I do not smoke much and now have more than I smoke so high yield was not an issue.

Samsung LM281B Quantum LED 2000 baht  This is very low but seems to do the job. Did not add much to electric bill.

tent 80*80*120  1700 baht

Cheap fans 100 baht each.

Soil perlite mix 50 baht a kilo, airflow pots 70 - 100 baht.

I needed to change ph of water so a couple of drops of ph changer to water - 170 baht for up and down.

Two bags of grainial based fertiliser, 60 baht each will likely last forever and one liquid 150 I drop in to water.

I'd say this is a very amateur's causal grow setup, that I have really enjoyed and learned with.

I started with 5 random lazada seeds - not what they said they were.

3 looked like thai squirrel - grew easily not much maintenance but never flowered and I got rid of two of them and moved the last one to window with a lot of light.

2 were something different - really struggled to grow early on, one under light and one on balcony, the balcony one faired better, but end up with about 15 grams each dry after 3 months. Dried and cure, I also did partial amount with water cure. The smoke is smooth and light alert buzz but also sometimes hits very hard after few smokes and need a wee lie down for a bit.

One seed from flower purchase thai version of gorilla (its not the same) - small plant low yield again but does the job, heavier body hit.

None of the above showed any signs of decent breeding, so I would highly recommend paying for decent seeds. I picked up three from royal seeds, easy one, royal dwarf and one other, two made it through early stages. About 7 weeks now in the box, good set of flower on both came on at week 4 and looking healthy. They say 10 weeks to ready for crop, I'm guessing closer to 12 based on my cheap ass setup.

Great guy at Your highness ratchada also gave me some seeds for free, bit of hit and miss on germinating but have two really healthy looking plants now at about 4 weeks, no flower, no idea what they are but likely autos.

Overall this is just a cheap fun set up for learning alongside something low mid shelf to smoke, if you are okay with that its workable.

Get better lights than I, if local seeds just stick them on your balcony, if purchased seeds start with easy and quick auto's under light.