8.5x11 Inch Paper--where To Buy?

mild7even

I've looked in a few stationary stores and book shops, and I can't find any 8.5x11 inch paper--only A4. Since I'm sending query letters to publishers and agents in the states, I definitely want the standard paper.

Anybody know where I can find the American sized paper, preferably in CM, maybe BKK if none in CM?

Thanks!

Have you tried Office Max (or is it Office Depot, yadda yadda, American chain store) in Panthip Plaza on Chang Klan Rd.?

If they don't have it....probably no one does (here in CM, anyway). :o

Edited by mcgriffith

Good luck and thanks for the reminder.

I looked all over Chiang Mai for literally months and never found the paper you are looking for. Since I am now in the US, I will bring a few sheets back with me.

Otherwise, you can go to a printing company and simply have them cut a few sheets for you if you do not need a lot...

I use a lot of 8.5 x 11 paper -- IRS wants tax returns filed on the standard paper. At first, I had a hard time finding a supplier. When I asked at several office supply places, I usually got the Thai blank stare -- nobody seemed to know anything.

If you are not using quantities, I can't help but, if you can buy more, you can purchase direct from Fuji-Xerox. I buy two boxes (actually each is a 1/2 case) each time and some guy on a motorcycle delivers to my door -- about 1200 baht. Just call them and they'll take your order. They have a website with the contact information. Unfortunately, I don't have the number handy.

Found 8.5 x 11 paper at Suriwong Book Center on Sidonchi Rd near Phantip Plaza. It was in Generic wrapper with a label on it which was the only way to tell it was 8.5 x 11 paper. Can not remember the price but it was reasonable for a 500 page package. Good luck!

It's been answered, but I'd like to put in the nostalgic 2 salueng and mention the place where people got their office supplies and stationary in the good old pre-Office Depot era: It's called "Samut Lanna" and is on Chang Phuak (Chotana) Road opposite Rajabhat University, the old Teacher's College.

There's also a Samut Lanna branch on that newly developed low-rise shop & small restaurant area on Ye Olde Lamphun Road, South of Nong Hoi intersection past the Caltex pump.

Christ am I showing my age here or what.. :o Every day that goes by I start to feel more like Roy Hudson.

Edited by chanchao

Thanks all for the answers... yes, I checked at the Office Max/Depot (?) and got the same blank stare mentioned here. Checked at Suriwong, too, but didn't find any... may have to take a closer look.

Thanks for the tip on Fuju-Xerox. Their web page does indeed list letter sized paper, and the contact info is:

Chiang Mai Branch

224/4 Mahidol Road, T.Padaed A.Muang, Chaing Mai 50100

Tel: 053-276-218-9, 053-273-441

Fax: 053-201-099

If I can't find any smaller quantities, I might have to bite the bullet and get a few cartons.

Thanks again, everybody.

Ed

Thanks all for the answers... yes, I checked at the Office Max/Depot (?) and got the same blank stare mentioned here. Checked at Suriwong, too, but didn't find any... may have to take a closer look.

Thanks for the tip on Fuju-Xerox. Their web page does indeed list letter sized paper, and the contact info is:

Chiang Mai Branch

224/4 Mahidol Road, T.Padaed A.Muang, Chaing Mai 50100

Tel: 053-276-218-9, 053-273-441

Fax: 053-201-099

If I can't find any smaller quantities, I might have to bite the bullet and get a few cartons.

Thanks again, everybody.

Ed

Go ahead! Splurge!

The last time I bought, I got two boxes, 5 reams each, for 1300 baht! So it cost all of 650 baht for 5 reams. No big deal, I would think.

• 2 weeks later...
Speaking of which, do 8.5 x 11 sheets fit in the local envelopes? Maybe I'll just stick with the A4.

Every year make lot of copy and printing so I sometime using 8.5x11 sheets a lot the way I do is I buy a big sheet at a paper dealer shop and cut it to the size I want. I still have a lot of ream in this size paper if you still would like to have it you can PM. me

[email protected]

Speaking of which, do 8.5 x 11 sheets fit in the local envelopes? Maybe I'll just stick with the A4.

Every year make lot of copy and printing so I sometime using 8.5x11 sheets a lot the way I do is I buy a big sheet at a paper dealer shop and cut it to the size I want. I still have a lot of ream in this size paper if you still would like to have it you can PM. me

[email protected]

Hey, thanks for the offer, I appreciate it, but I managed to score some up.

Thanks again....