What happens when my fury friend dies? What do I do with the body?

jack71

I took in a soi dog many years ago. Best thing Ive ever done. 2 walks a day and keeps me fit as well.

He has blood parasite issue- I think that is what the vet said. Hes on doxycline 2 times a day. Now he is shaking again sometimes. 

He is now getting old and I worry about what happens when he dies. Do I have to go and dig a hole somewhere and bury him. Or does a vet take care of this?

If you have recently had a dog dying in Thailand please share your experiences. 

Taken in several soi dogs and had three die. Brother in law disposed of first in forest, we disposed of a young puppy ( snake bite ) in another forest but our beloved fatty we couldn't part with so we buried him quite deep in the back garden. Wife cried buckets. 

• Like 2

Hardly comparable as we live in an upcountry village.

If a dog dies one of the sons will come and put in a big bag and dig a hole on his plot. Family's favorite from the avatar died in April 2019.

190428130238.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

I was wondering the same thing.  Our dog tried eating a poisonous toad.  He pulled through.

Wife says we would dig a hole (deep) and bury him on our property.

Probably wise to bury far from a well or other water source.

We had one soi cat we were tending to away from our street....She was a joy....She was very sick one day & I had her to the pet hospital within 30 minutes.....She died overnight in the hospital ....The hospital offered to have the cat picked up & buried for 100B, probably just a mass grave..... I'm sure they had other possibilities....

You might want to check with your vet.....

RIP Brownie.....

Other cats are gracing our garden.....

There is a neighbor that has an orchard somewhere close by that allows pet burials for 400B....We know this through a neighbor, we have never spoken with her....

There's 3 possibilities....

Some Wats offer cremation services.....

IMG20211005180250.jpg

Edited by pgrahmm

• 1 month later...

A good topic as I was wondering the same thing. We had a dog die when I lived in Bangkok. The landlady next door wouldn't allow burial in her garden (we didn't have one) as she said her dog would know about it, and in the end he was collected by the local authority. To me it felt like he was just collected in the same way as the rubbish, but I was away at the time and couldn't intervene.

Now we live in the countryside and have a large garden the circumstances are different, but I'd still prefer to go the cremation route and will look into that. We have six dogs, all around middle age (7/8) and I'm 74, so I sometimes wonder who will go to the temple first ????