Bar Closing At 2 Am

itsme

On my retutn in Bangkok after few years of hard work in UK I was surprised to see the bars and enterteinment venues closing at 2 am, even more surprised when I heard that in Chiangmay the new proposal of closing time will be aroung 12 pm.

Is this a new way to drive out holiday makers and tourists out of the country with a don't want to come back attidude or it was to improove the various "street reastaurants" in the night where all the crowd reverse into in order to keep drinking (Sukhumvit alike), while the police check the venues to make sure they close on time they allow cocktails and drinking on the streets...does this make sense to anyone? :o

Welcome to the board itsme, I do apologise for the previous posters, that is their way of welcoming you :o

I think Thaksin must be a shareholder in 711 as they seem to be the only ones making huge bucks after the "curfew" has been enforced. It doesnt really bother us full timers though as we have "other" places to go, that are not on the tourist maps :D

I think Thaksin must be a shareholder in 711 as they seem to be the only ones making huge bucks after the "curfew" has been enforced.

Then why is it I staggered into 7-11 at 2.30am the other week, and found big curtains hanging over the beer and Bacardi Breezer fridges?

Much drunken pleading and begging, but the spotty teenage cashier still wouldn't unlock the booze fridge for the silly farang (me!), and politely told me to come back at 6am.

So now I can't even rely on good ol' 7-11 to maintain my drunken state between the hours of 02:00 and 06:00.

So now I stock up the fridge BEFORE I go out!! I will not be beaten in my quest to keep drinking, at the time of the night where I know full well I've had quite enough to drink, but when I'm also too drunk to care.

Welcome to the board itsme, I do apologise for the previous posters, that is their way of welcoming you  :o

I think Thaksin must be a shareholder in 711 as they seem to be the only ones making huge bucks after the "curfew" has been enforced. It doesnt really bother us full timers though as we have "other" places to go, that are not on the tourist maps :D

No worries Tornado I like humour too :D and so far yours has been the first reasonable reply so far

Thetyim you have literally read my post hu? :D ...anyway you know what I meant

Well I love Thailand for what it is...once you know the system you act upon it

Simbo I didn't complain about drinking infact I fallowed the crowd in Sukhumvit, mine was a different question...re-read my post if you like...you'll understand it too :D