Safe to fly into DM with long visa history?

I'm currently on a METV and still will be when I fly in.  I've been here for 2months after being home for 9months.  I was going to do a short trip out to Cambo and fly back in. The tickets are quite a bit cheaper through DM but I'm curious what the current status of flying in there is.

The unwritten rule years back was dont fly into DM unless you want to risk a IO giving you a hard time. Was hoping that may of changes post covid world.

19 minutes ago, lovesthespicy said:

I used to read stories of tons of people having problems coming into DM. Its like my worse nightmare to have a immigration problem. Thanks for the reply! 

There was a bit of carry on with DMK and to lesser extent at BKK airports prior to covid.

Most of the problems were folk short stay out of Thailand and flight back visa exempt.. 

Your history is different and also you have a visa.

Zero problems. 

Edited by DrJack54

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There was a bit of carry on with DMK and to lesser extent at BKK airports prior to covid.

Most of the problems were folk short stay out of Thailand and flight back visa exempt.. 

Your history is different and also you have a visa.

Zero problems. 

Yeah I had one of those volunteer visas during covid and was pretty concerned flying in. I seen reports of some getting bothered coming in but nothing was said to me. Also have alot of 6month-1year stays with going home in between for 6months or so.  I wouldnt say my travel history is perfect.

I really need to switch to the marriage visa as I'm basically married besides by law. 

13 minutes ago, lovesthespicy said:

. Also have alot of 6month-1year stays with going home in between for 6months or so.

The winner in there is 6 months or so Outside of Thailand. 

You also state this .....

"I really need to switch to the marriage visa as I'm basically married besides by law" 

If you are legally married to a Thai your best option would be non O with annual extensions and reentry permit. 

You would be aware that you only require 400k in bank for 2 months (+under consideration period) then you can spend it. 

Pretty sweet deal imo. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1