Hotel cars airport

overherebc

If you have the cash you can PRE-book a limo from;  https://www.aot-limousine.com/ prior to flying you'll have a car in a few minutes after selecting your preferred vehicle at the kiosk.

If you fly some airlines in business class e.g Emirates you can pre-book a limo as part of your ticket free of charge to Swampy to & Bangkok to Swampy. 

For a BMW or a Benz it was about 1600 baht if my memory is correct (one way) to pretty much anywhere within reasonable range of BKK centre areas.

This is of course is double a cab (unless you allow yourself to be ripped off by the cabbies) but you have comfort, convenience with baggage help, no queues (you go to a different car concourse to take up your ride), room to sit comfortably, free water, masks (if ya want to wear), and a safe smooth drive. The driver will stop for you if you want to hit a 7Eleven or something on the way without any charge. 

You can also simply arrive, and go to the AOT desk without pre-booking and be fine to get a car especially since the tourist traffic flow at Swampy is still at a low level.

Very easy to find AOT Limo kiosk. -  after you exit baggage claim (either domestic and international sections > then walk on through the customs section > walk outside from the customs check area (international arrivals) and out to the general pubic concourse where there will be lots of limo service personnel, van, hotel, and other specific client carriers with their signs waiting to collect clients.

Just past them is the AOT desk. It's a kind of circular kiosk with the blue n white AOT sign on and above it a few yards past this mob of carriers.

Always a few AOT attendants right there to help as soon as you walk up.

The cost will be perhaps close to a hotel provided car traveling to and from the airport.

These drivers are courteous drive safely and deliver you exactly to your place of abode without issues. You can tip the driver if you like or not; 'up to you' as we say here. 

Airport to Hotel is straightforward with a taxi Kiosk that collects the toll and gives the reciept to the driver.

There is no haggling or sneaky business like you might encounter outside of the airport.

It's a lucrative contract and privilege that's a taxi drivers pay for the opportunity to work from the airport.  They don't want to mess it up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazy Noobie said:

Every time I fly into Bangkok, I always use the hotel's car to pick me up. Yes, it might cost a little more baht, but for me it makes life easier. I grab my suitcase and there is my car & driver waiting for me outside. Hassle free.

Well yes and no. Many times I requested professional experts from abroad to join projects here in LOS on a short term basis.

I told my Admin. staff in Bkk to book the visitor into one of the excellent 4 star or 5 star hotels we had contracts with and pay for it direct to the hotel. And to bookhotel car to be on stand by with a sign at the arrivals point. Now comes the 'yes and no'.

Several times our guests arrived, bookin into the hotel and called me. I always automatically asked if everything was OK. In terms of the hotel mostly YES, but some incidents of extra games, several times my guests from abroad can't find the hotel taxi. Discovered in the coffee shop or guest goes to desk and ends up with an AOT taxi. 

14 hours ago, overherebc said:

So many stories about taxi problems etc etc.

I’ve taken taxis from both Bangkok airports about 3~4 times a year since 1980 so around 100 trips in that time I have never had a problem.  I’ve used a hotel pickup a few times usually I’ve got a regular taxi.

So all the problems you have read about are a tiny percentage of the millions of trips. 

Can you experience a problem? Yes. Can you get struck by lightning? Yes.

Reasonable precautions will avoid both dangers.

10 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I’ve taken taxis from both Bangkok airports about 3~4 times a year since 1980 so around 100 trips in that time I have never had a problem.  I’ve used a hotel pickup a few times usually I’ve got a regular taxi.

So all the problems you have read about are a tiny percentage of the millions of trips. 

Can you experience a problem? Yes. Can you get struck by lightning? Yes.

Reasonable precautions will avoid both dangers.

Why mention Bangkok airport?

6 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Why not? Also I said airports, not airport.
They are the ones most quoted as places for scams.

I'd make a fair guess I've been in and out of both airports in my 30 years here at least as many times as you. However if you read the opening post I asked specifically about Phuket airport, a place that is often in the news re' taxi problems.

I haven't been there for more than twenty years and I asked 'one' specific question that was answered by one helpful poster.

Edited by overherebc

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

However if you read the opening post I asked specifically about Phuket airport

To be fair you didn't actually mention the airport in the opening post, as you claim.

You did post in the Phuket section but that fact can be very easy to miss, depending on how your post was navigated to.