Inverter question

MJCM

Solis and GoodWe both do fanless hybrids, whether they are available here in 220V single-phase is unknown at present.

EDIT Warning Will Robinson! Warning!

Sit down and pour yourself a large one before opening the link.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/solis-hybrid-6kw-rhi-6kw-i3684262960-s13916929360.html

• Thanks 1

Thx Crossy

b...........dy h......ll

Oke then, if Not going with Sofar and not going with Fanless.

Will modifying them for example putting a fine mesh where the fans are void the warranty?

Because of the location where the Inverter will be placed I am mostly worried about Insects ingress, Water not so much (even it is in same room where we store over 50k of Rain Water ????

28 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Will modifying them for example putting a fine mesh where the fans are void the warranty?

Make it on the outside and readily removable and nobody will know ???? 

The metal mozzie screen with very fine wires actually doesn't provide much restriction to the airflow.

Or, you could build a large enclosure with big bug-proof vents top and bottom (possibly with fan assistance), add mozzie screens to the doors too and it will be almost like free-air anyway.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MJCM said:

Thx Crossy

b...........dy h......ll

Oke then, if Not going with Sofar and not going with Fanless.

Because of the location where the Inverter will be placed I am mostly worried about Insects ingress, Water not so much (even it is in same room where we store over 50k of Rain Water ????

There are several inverters on the market which do have dust covers . Remember that they need regular cleaning . Also , you can buy dust cover cloth for a few baht .

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/jia-diy-30x100-pc-i1606030913.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.442d4f0aLA9tdX

like this . ( type : dust filter pc , and you get a bunch of filter cloths ) .

On another forum i saw somebody who did make a new air intake for it's Revo II inverter , taking the original fans out , switching them for high grade computer fans ( Be Quiet or Noctua or similar ) for less power consumption , near 0 noise and higher airflow .

Will it void warranty ? Well if you do stick a magnetic dust cover on , then nothing is visible . Its magnetic , so no extra holes made or anything like that . If you open up the complete unit and use a new fan and air intake box , yes probably . On the other hand , unless it comes in broken , warranty in Thailand isn't the most secure protection .

• Like 1