Tim Newton Today - Sep 16: Thailand's Cannabis Bill dead in the water, acute flooding in east BKK

webfact

It's funny that the first reading of the Cannabis Bill, which only set out licensing details for vendors, growers importers & etc and didn't even restrict sales to minors and preganat women, sailed through parliament.  Now this version that amended by the all party parliamentary vetting committee for the second reading has bombed. The idiotic Democrat Party leadership that still can't see anything wrong with appointing a known rapist as deputy leader and putting him on a women's rights parliamentary committee, was quite happy to vote for the first reading. 

Much as I dislike Anutin for other reasons, he is right about this one. It has become overly politicised.  The Democrats are under threat from Anutin's BJP in their only remaining stronghold of the South, having been already wiped out in their former Bangkok stronghold with no chance to recover there. The Democrats are also eyeing a possibility of kissing and making up with Thaksin after the next election to keep all potential routes to graft open.  

• Thanks 1

G’Day Tim Enjoy your weekly and Saturday live show… Authentic food or close to it..
I’m located 70 km between Khon Kaen and Udon Thani… get  expats suggestions for specific
 areas… .. exampleMexican food Tex/Mex , Baja ( my favorite) both are quite different….