How to reduce size of images on Vivo phone?

mixed

For some reason my Vivo phone has a 64m camera, which makes sending and uploading difficult, often impossible. The camera app has lots of features, but I can't find where to change the image size. Ridiculous that such a basic feature is so difficult to find. On a real camera it's very easy.

1 hour ago, mixed said:

Thanks, but unfortunately the doesn't work on my phone. I'm also can't figure out how to check image size once the photos are taken. I wish these phones weren't so much like toys.

The video indeed does not show what happens if you click on "More" (right hand side). You should see "64MP UHD" or "High Resolution"....?

Click on it? And then?

Would help to know what exact model you have as one finds differing naming on the models.

I once tried the "3:4 64MP" option on my Samsung and it's really not worth to play with these bulky files. They can also be stored in some format other than JPG. Not worth the headache.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, mixed said:

I'm also can't figure out how to check image size

Hope there is a Vivo user who can tell.

On Samsung the photos are opened in the gallery app by default.

There is 3-dot (3 vertical dots) menu below. Click on and select Details.

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 hours ago, mixed said:

For some reason my Vivo phone has a 64m camera, which makes sending and uploading difficult, often impossible. The camera app has lots of features, but I can't find where to change the image size. Ridiculous that such a basic feature is so difficult to find. On a real camera it's very easy.

I have used an android app from the playstore called QReduce Lite.

Screenshot_20220916_145432[1].jpg

Edited by Mutt Daeng
added border to image to make it more viewable
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Hope there is a Vivo user who can tell.

On Samsung the photos are opened in the gallery app by default.

There is 3-dot (3 vertical dots) menu below. Click on and select Details.

It works the same on my Vivo V9.

Screenshot_20220916_150433.jpg

Screenshot_20220916_150446.jpg

Edited by Mutt Daeng

I still can't solve it. There is a High Resolution option, but tapping on it just keeps the pics at 64mb. There's an option to change the scaling (1:1, 19:9 etc), but this isn't necessarily changing resolution and doesn't seem to alter file size.

I'm not sure what model it is, similar to other basic things, it's hidden in their somewhere. My DSLR is 24mb res and changing it is simple and clear. Why have such a large camera and make changing it so difficult?

5 minutes ago, mixed said:

I still can't solve it. There is a High Resolution option, but tapping on it just keeps the pics at 64mb. There's an option to change the scaling (1:1, 19:9 etc), but this isn't necessarily changing resolution and doesn't seem to alter file size.

I'm not sure what model it is, similar to other basic things, it's hidden in their somewhere. My DSLR is 24mb res and changing it is simple and clear. Why have such a large camera and make changing it so difficult?

Go into Settings…..System management…….About phone…. BOOM!

No disrespect but that really is basic stuff; if you couldn’t find that on your own, changing resolutions could be a challenge.

• Like 1

what does the phone manual say ?
or has this worked in the past ?

Have you tried turning the phone off, plugging in the usb cable to phone and computer, then turn phone on ?

or you may have to change the mode the phone is in to get it to act like a disk drive.

have you tried different usb ports or cables ?

i had one where the the usb port was so worn that i had to hold the cable up on the phone end to make it connect.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mixed said:

Are you trying to reduce the file size, the pixels per inch, or both or ?

11 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Go into Settings…..System management…….About phone…. BOOM!

No disrespect but that really is basic stuff; if you couldn’t find that on your own, changing resolutions could be a challenge.

Thanks for your help, you may enjoy using smart phones, but they drive me crazy, I hate using them and hate they way so much business is done on them. Sure they are good for many things, but using them is like trying to build a house with a Swiss Army pocket knife.

If I go into Settings, there is no system management, there is System but it doesn't take me to About Phone - there was no BOOM!.

My car lists it's model in clear view, so does my DSLR - it's been very easy to change resolution on every DSLR I've had and on previous phones. This is an important and basic feature.

I only use the phone when a PC isn't available, so I'm not great with them. I'm constantly being told by staff I can do the same on my phone, but it never works as well and is always slower. These are the reasons I'm not good with phones. In the case of my staff I think they are good with phones because they're addicted to them.

6 minutes ago, mixed said:

Thanks for your help, you may enjoy using smart phones, but they drive me crazy, I hate using them and hate they way so much business is done on them. Sure they are good for many things, but using them is like trying to build a house with a Swiss Army pocket knife.

If I go into Settings, there is no system management, there is System but it doesn't take me to About Phone - there was no BOOM!.

My car lists it's model in clear view, so does my DSLR - it's been very easy to change resolution on every DSLR I've had and on previous phones. This is an important and basic feature.

I only use the phone when a PC isn't available, so I'm not great with them. I'm constantly being told by staff I can do the same on my phone, but it never works as well and is always slower. These are the reasons I'm not good with phones. In the case of my staff I think they are good with phones because they're addicted to them.

In this day and age they are a necessity, even if you can't see that. So would suggest having one of your staff giving you an hour of training and then you'll be good to go, and flay yourself for not doing it sooner.

Edited by couchpotato
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

In this day and age they are a necessity, even if you can't see that. So would suggest having one of your staff giving you an hour of training and then you'll be good to go, and flay yourself for not doing it sooner.

Do you know how to change the res on my phone? If not then maybe you also need training lol. I doubt my staff do, they are all on Apple. Of course phones are a necessity, that's why I have one, but an hours training would not help because they are constantly changing, similar to the poster who told me something was basic, but can't tell me how to do it.

Such a basic feature shouldn't be this difficult, neither should transferring files (an another poster is mentioning) to a PC. The reason it has a 64mb is to appeal to children who like toys, I just wish they were more suited to work.

13 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Not even knowing/able to find what model of phone one has at hand?

Seriously?

I am out here.

So where is it? Even the poster who told me it was basic gave me wrong directions, I suppose they only way is to keep playing, something I don't enjoy. My point is important things are hidden, while childish stuff keeps popping up.

Edited by mixed

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

Apologies to the OP for going off at a tangent, but I am struggling with transferring data/photos from my VIVO1933 v.11 (aka VIVO V19) to my computer.

Not sure if the issue is with my PC or the cable but the computer I’d not seeing the device.

When you connect your Vivo to your PC with a data cable, you should see this notification. You may have to swipe down from the top of the phone to display the notification. I think "Charge Only" is the default. Make sure that "Files" is ticked. The phone should now be accessible to the PC.

Screenshot_20220917_141435.jpg

Edited by Mutt Daeng
typo
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

The video indeed does not show what happens if you click on "More" (right hand side). You should see "64MP UHD" or "High Resolution"....?

Click on it? And then?

Would help to know what exact model you have as one finds differing naming on the models.

I once tried the "3:4 64MP" option on my Samsung and it's really not worth to play with these bulky files. They can also be stored in some format other than JPG. Not worth the headache.

The 3:4 is the format i.e rectangular, square etc,, it is not the size. You need to go down from 64M to say 12M or whatever the camera can offer. What format are the photos in? If it is RAW they will be big files. Set it to JPG which will give you the smallest file size

6 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

When you connect your Vivo to your PC with a data cable, you should see this notification. You may have to swipe down from the top of the phone to display the notification. I think "Charge Only" is the default. Make sure that "Files" is ticked. The phone should now be accessible to the PC.

Screenshot_20220917_141435.jpg

Thank you.

Unfortunately, I am not getting that message - I did read about swiping down on a YouTube video.

It might be a dodgy cable so I may try a new one. The local phone told my missus that I should transfer by using the small SD card.

• Like 1