Any Braun Oral B Sonic Complete Users Here?

steffi

This toothbrush has meant that I always have a good experience when I go for my regular dental checkup but it's on the fritz. Doesn't do anything even though it shows fully charged. Probably battery related. Anyway, when I took it to the service center (with my Thai wife) the lady there suggested they may charge close to 2000 thb to fix it and that's just a little too high if it's a discharged battery so I'm wondering if anybody's seen this model for sale in Thailand and if so how much?

This toothbrush has meant that I always have a good experience when I go for my regular dental checkup but it's on the fritz. Doesn't do anything even though it shows fully charged. Probably battery related. Anyway, when I took it to the service center (with my Thai wife) the lady there suggested they may charge close to 2000 thb to fix it and that's just a little too high if it's a discharged battery so I'm wondering if anybody's seen this model for sale in Thailand and if so how much?

Boots stock the complete item about 4500 baht. However if its only the toothbrush you can obtain that from their service centre.

Diethelm Ltd, 2533 Sukhumvit Road Bangchack, Prakhanong, Bangkok 10260 Tel 2332 7140-63, mine cost 2290 baht for the toothbrush unit. My big gripe is that you cannot change the batteries only the whole unit and in that respect they do no seem to be as good as earlier models although when they are working they do a wonderful job on the teeth.

Did you have to wait for yours to arrive? They told us a month to order the unit. Yes my unit also needs replacing. I won't be here in a month though so not sure how to proceed. Probably cheapest price than anywhere is here so maybe I should just order and have a relative pick it up.

Boots stock the complete item about 4500 baht. However if its only the toothbrush you can obtain that from their service centre.

Diethelm Ltd, 2533 Sukhumvit Road Bangchack, Prakhanong, Bangkok 10260 Tel 2332 7140-63, mine cost 2290 baht for the toothbrush unit. My big gripe is that you cannot change the batteries only the whole unit and in that respect they do no seem to be as good as earlier models although when they are working they do a wonderful job on the teeth.

Found out the hard way that replacement brushes for Oral B electric tooth brushes are not available here. For some reason, Thai's generally don't use electrics for long, and so never look for replacements. So there is no money in selling the replacements.

We had to order them on-line from overseas.

My wifes uses hers, but I went back to an ordinary toothbrush. It's not really the type of brush, anyway. It's brushing technique that matters.

Did you have to wait for yours to arrive? They told us a month to order the unit. Yes my unit also needs replacing. I won't be here in a month though so not sure how to proceed. Probably cheapest price than anywhere is here so maybe I should just order and have a relative pick it up.

I went to their depot in Sukhumvit and picked up the new unit, with no wait. I have a good supply of brushes but I would be very suprised if they didnt supply those as well. I must admit it really does an excellent job and I wouldn't want to go back to a normal toothbrush.

I have Braun oral B electric toothbrush too and I would need replacement brush soon. Is this true what Upcountry said? That I wouldn't be able to purchase replacement brush here?

No, that's nonsense. You can easily get replacement brushes from most departments stores (in BKK I know that "Robinson" and "Paragon" both stock them) and also directly from many dentist's offices.

Same in Pattaya, replacement brushes available from Watson and Boots stores (at about half European prices).

I also found that the cheap model without charger (about 1000 baht, same shops) only require a new battery every couple of months, really not worth paying the extra for the rechargeable model.

Something else - anyone know where you can buy dental water jets (any brand/model) in Pattaya?

Edited by Phil Conners

Their depot past On Nut claims to be out of stock and is awaiting an order from Singapore that could take 1 - 2 months. Since I'm on the completely opposite side of town I've decided I can probably wait until my next trip to to pick up the toothbrush. My relative-in-law will pick it up when they arrive. In the meantime I simply went and purchased a new unit closer to where I'm staying because I figure if I don't it's going to cost me in the long run at the dentist. So the rationale is that since I already have the travel charger with me I can leave the basestation of this new unit here (since that's the only place it will work) and just take the brush itself with me and use that with the travel charger.

They offered to discount the purchase of a completely new unit but that means going all the way to the opposite side of town which today just wasn't something I wanted to do and since I need the brush today I figure it's not going to hurt me to have two. So I have a choice when I come back from my next trip and that's to either get the replacement brush for 2.2k or buy a discounted unit for more but less than retail. If I do that later I'll have two basestations that I can only use in Thailand and the UK, Australia. So it probably makes sense just to wait for the brush unit by itself.

If I was closer to their location I would have purchased the discounted unit but it's just too far away

I wanted to compare the price of the heads though. Does anybody know what they sell for here?

I find that gillette mach 3 razor blades are about $3 cheaper here so I always take some of those back when I leave.

I went to their depot in Sukhumvit and picked up the new unit, with no wait. I have a good supply of brushes but I would be very suprised if they didnt supply those as well. I must admit it really does an excellent job and I wouldn't want to go back to a normal toothbrush.

Something else - anyone know where you can buy dental water jets (any brand/model) in Pattaya?

The dental hospital I go to in Chiang Mai has them - not sure if it's a Waterpik though which are supposed to be the best - but I have yet to see them in a department store, so may be worth you checking in a quality dentists in Patters. I think I'll have me one next time I go in... bees knees apparently. The water pressure knocks out particles that brushing and flossing miss. If it saves one expensive trip to the dentist it's worth it. :o

The dental hospital I go to in Chiang Mai has them - not sure if it's a Waterpik though which are supposed to be the best - but I have yet to see them in a department store, so may be worth you checking in a quality dentists in Patters. I think I'll have me one next time I go in... bees knees apparently. The water pressure knocks out particles that brushing and flossing miss. If it saves one expensive trip to the dentist it's worth it. :o

Well worth getting one, you'll be surprised what comes out when you start excavating. :D I've had one for years, brought it with me from Euroland. It finally packed in so looking for a replacement.

I have Braun oral B electric toothbrush too and I would need replacement brush soon. Is this true what Upcountry said? That I wouldn't be able to purchase replacement brush here?

No, that's nonsense. You can easily get replacement brushes from most departments stores (in BKK I know that "Robinson" and "Paragon" both stock them) and also directly from many dentist's offices.

Serves me right. I should have posed it as a question. My wife didn't have luck finding them in BKK, and I related what she was told by a store or pharmacy clerk. :o

I went to Boots in Emporium and couldn't find the replacement brushes. The nice store clerk explained that they don't import that stuff into Thailand (since when you have to import toothbrushes?)

Kinda silly since they have the whole set on sale and the kid replacement brushes. I know I shouldn't trust her.

For all Waterpik wanters

"Thank you for your interest in WaterPik products.

We regret the WP 100 model is not available till September.

We suggest model WP 65E Price: Bht.3300 each

WP 75E Price Bht.3900 each.

For your convenience you may purchase these products at Healthy Max druggist, ground floor Wave Building, junction of Ploenchit,opposite British Embassy.

Similarly you may also get it at their Barumgrad Hospital branch on Soi Nana"

So there you go, off there today to get me one of these babies......wheres the grinning white tooth smiley :o there you go

Checked a couple of the larger dentists in Pattaya Tai today - none of them even knew what I was asking for. Then tried Fascino in Pattaya Nua. They said they had had several requests for these (waterjet tooth picks) but didn't have any. Didn't consider getting them either it seemed. FWIW.