Family Visa for Thai Wife to UK

On 9/21/2022 at 1:28 AM, theoldgit said:

Hi there,

First, thank you for the link, i am now on the application. I have this statement with a tick box "Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application" and i am confused as i thought it was 6 months salary slips that you needed to provide and not 12!!

Can you elaborate on this further? Thank you

14 hours ago, Steps said:

i am now on the application. I have this statement with a tick box "Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application" and i am confused as i thought it was 6 months salary slips that you needed to provide and not 12!!

Can you elaborate on this further? Thank you

It depends how long you have been in salaried employment in the UK, you seem to be posting from the UK so I'm assuming that's where you're employed.

The Financial Requirement document state the following requirements:

In respect of salaried employment in the UK (except where paragraph 9 applies) all of the following evidence must be provided:

Payslips covering:

a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this Appendix does not apply); or

• any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of this Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a self-employed person A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:

• the person's employment and gross annual salary

• the length of their employment

• the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application

• the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)

• Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly

• where the person is either a director or employee (or both) of a limited company based in the UK, evidence that the company is not a type specified in paragraph 9(a). This can include the latest Annual Return filed at Companies House In addition to the evidence listed above, paragraph 2A of Appendix FM-SE specifies that P60(s) for the relevant period(s) of employment (if issued) and a signed contract(s) of employment may also be submitted in respect of paid employment in the UK. If they are not submitted, the decision-maker may grant the application if otherwise satisfied that the requirements of Appendix FM-SE relating to that employment are met, or they may ask for the documents to be submitted in accordance with paragraph D of the Appendix.

The above is lifted from 1.7_-_Financial_requirement.pdf starting from page 28.

The Financial parts regarding salaries are outside of my comfort zone, if you have any specific questions maybe contact @TonyMhe'll have it on the tip of his tongue.

• Like 1