Where to buy voriconazole or metraconozole tablets in Thailand (online?)

simon43

These are antifungals, used to treat Aspergillosis (fungus spores in your lungs).  I have these wonderful spores for about 25 years... I usually have no need to take these medications - eating healthily, exercise and the hot climate keeps the nasty spores at bay.

But I will shortly to return to work in Myanmar, where it can be difficult to obtain genuine medicines.  I'd like to take a few month's supply of voriconazole with me, just in case.

I am in Samui right now, but the local pharmacy refuses to order this OTC medication (they suffer from an illness called laziness)

Is there an online pharmacy in Thailand which can supply it?  I don't want to order from overseas because the delivery time will be too long.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Medisafe Pharmacy in Bangkok will get it for you and probably the cheapest around They're on facebook, email response is good

I've also had excellent service from Medisafe ordering online.  Competitive prices and dependable delivery.

Maybe they didn't sell it to you because they didn't know what it is.

I have never heard of metraconozole, neither has Google. Google asked me whether I meant itraconazole , which is easily available. 

As to voriconazole, I guess they didn't have it on stock.  It's not something your average neighborhood pharmacy would carry. 

Edited by Lorry

15 hours ago, Lorry said:

Maybe they didn't sell it to you because they didn't know what it is.

I have never heard of metraconozole, neither has Google. Google asked me whether I meant itraconazole , which is easily available. 

As to voriconazole, I guess they didn't have it on stock.  It's not something your average neighborhood pharmacy would carry. 

Maybe the poster means metronidazole.

36 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Maybe the poster means metronidazole.

Would not be that as not an antifungal and appropriate for his need.

Though I also do not know what he meant by metraconozole.

Voriconazole is available here (though imported and expensive. Ditto posaconazole.

And of course itraconazole though I  some species of aspergillus are resistant.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Voriconazole is available here (though imported and expensive

That's why it's not easy to find. 

Voraiz from Siam Pharma is a local brand, but I have never seen it.

Itraconazole (not as effective as Sheryl had mentioned, and different spectrum of side effects) is available in almost every pharmacy.