Dramatic pictures: Students engage in yet more street battles - two injured in Samut Prakan

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Captiom: Student hoodlums

Daily News reported on yet more brazen street violence between students in Samut Prakan, south east of the Thai capital Bangkok.

Pol Capt Khomrit Thongurai of the Bang Poo police went to the scene next to the Suk Charoenphol Phraeksa school where residents had mobile phone pictures of the troublemakers.

Siam Rath published some of these shots that showed young people wielding swords and clubs wearing helmets. 

7c2755d4c092a5beb27dc14e5739de78b0fe8a9f9a134a4568092aeb4b007079.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Two young people aged 16 and 20 were severly injured from knife blows and discarded weapons were found.

The 16 year old was taken to Paolo Hospital with a knife wound to his right arm and the 20 year old was taken to Samut Prakan Hospital with a wound on his left wrist.

f45b69242434a4650c12b144c9b892490c51428f39a5b956261c17e4dcefa7fc.jpg

Both were found ashen faced at the scene.

Witnesses reported that violence erupted between one group of five or six and two from another group before eight people arrived on four motorcycles to join the fray. 

Inter school rivalry at technical colleges has been ongoing on the last few months.

Police are investigating this latest incident. 

d6b9857698eff11859f19137d1674f703cc67b64d3be87fac04771e37ce5df2d.jpg

eaa99b7baec882b9c607983738cb6c7a0356c85e5789ee88d3db684fa45f3b88.jpg

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-09-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Celsius said:

These are private hospitals. Paolo is not cheap.

Who foots the bill?

Even these hospitals have social security patients. When you apply for SS you also select 3 hospitals and you are approved for one of these hospitals based on availability.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Celsius said:

These are private hospitals. Paolo is not cheap.

Who foots the bill?

Paolo may be private owned but they do accept the Thai welfare scheme and many locals use Paolo as their nominated welfare hospital.

I am registered at Paolo their under the welfare scheme.

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Like 1

A post in which the quoted content had been altered has been removed:

28. You will not make changes to messages quoted from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. Do not shorten any post in a way that alters the context of the original post. Do not change the formatting of the post you are quoting.

On 9/23/2022 at 9:30 AM, kingkenny said:

Even these hospitals have social security patients. When you apply for SS you also select 3 hospitals and you are approved for one of these hospitals based on availability.

Should get your facts straight. You can choose 3 government hospitals. Not private hospitals, The op you quoted mentioned that Paolo hospital is private and not cheap. I can't say whether this hospital is private or not because I don't know this hospital. But I do know 'Pagan Sangkom' which is the social security you are referring to. They only cover government hospitals and that is a fact I am positive of.

20 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Should get your facts straight. You can choose 3 government hospitals. Not private hospitals, The op you quoted mentioned that Paolo hospital is private and not cheap. I can't say whether this hospital is private or not because I don't know this hospital. But I do know 'Pagan Sangkom' which is the social security you are referring to. They only cover government hospitals and that is a fact I am positive of.

Mine is covered at a private hospital, you should look deeper before telling me to get my facts straight. The private hospitals have government clinics, where you of course wait longer than the private part of the hospital. Of course a private hospital can respond and say they have a full quota and will not accept any more social patients.

Fact is I was at a private hospital last week and my insurance would not cover hernia surgery so they put me under the social security scheme at the same hospital, which is also the same hospital I selected when requested by my company to nominate 3 hospitals.

9 minutes ago, kingkenny said:

The private hospitals have government clinics,

You just proved what I said. I doubt they will put you up in the posh private rooms in said private hospital, and I doubt you will get surgery in the hospitals posh operating room.

Just now, Pouatchee said:

You just proved what I said. I doubt they will put you up in the posh private rooms in said private hospital, and I doubt you will get surgery in the hospitals posh operating room.

I never said that they would, your post was very clear that private hospitals will not cover, and social security will only cover government hospitals. I just showed you that this is not the case and private hospitals do in fact accept social security via their government clinics.

FYI the operating rooms do not change and I offered to pay for a single room separately.

It's ok to accept that you did not have your facts straight rather than continue to argue ????