Late night double accident on Bangkok expressway leaves questions unanswered

webfact

27 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It would be nice if the "Do you know who I am" Hi-So folks would follow the law instead of believing they are above the law.  The police on the other hand need to be less afraid of loosing there jobs and forcefully draw blood from a DUI refusal like Songphol. Starting to smell like a Red Bull boy sequel.

Yes,I agree, but good luck with that

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

"IF the driver is suspected of driving while drunk, he is therefore suspected of a crime - he should be held down and a blood sample forcibly taken, consent or not."

This will lead to terrible abuses and violent confrontations.

I agree....   of course that ‘pathway’ is entirely in the hands of those refusing to such tests. 

IF you have nothing to hide there is no reason not to take a test.

- after that comment there will naturally be discussions of the accuracy of such tests - thus, a positive field breathalyser test should be backed up with calibrated test at a hospital or the police station. 

- And this ‘fleeing’ of the scene needs to stop !!...  the charge for fleeing a scene (without mitigating circumstances - i.e. escaping a mob or needing medical care) should be higher than DUI. 

- Additionally, IF someone flee’s a scene and does not attend hospital, the time limit for reporting themselves should be less than 1 hour... not going home for 24 hours to sober up !

28 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Add a clause in bold type to whatever one signs when getting a DL,  stating that when asked one will take a breathalyzer test, and that refusal to do so will be deemed an admission of drunk driving.

Don't sign, no license.

Good point...   I wonder if the driving licence already includes something such as this.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

While he was doing that the BMW had slammed into the wreckage. The driver was a young male.

Soon an Alphard (an expensive make of van) had arrived to take the BMW driver to hospital, it was claimed.

And refused a breath test?

Obviously has connections.