The title is what it is.  Arrived in Bangkok on a visa waiver, submitted a TM-30 via the sec. 38 app.  At CW, applied for a non-O visa for retirement,  and now an annual extension and re-entry permit.  Also got auto and motorcycle licenses with my Bangkok address using the embassy "single affidavit" in lieu of residence certificate at Mochit DLT.

Planning to move to Korat soon, and already have the Korat residence registered on the sec. 38 app.  Once we move, we'll submit a new TM-30 for the new residence. 

I think I'm done, but am I?

No need to inform CW that I'm moving.  The new TM-30 handles that.  I go to Korat immigration for my next 90-day report in person on the date shown on the receipt given me by CW.  I have a new fixed account from a Korat bank branch specifically for immigration fully funded prior to receiving the annual extension, balance forward updated every 60 days or so if I need to show funds have remained in the bank.  (not the same account as used at CW to apply for visa and extension)

No need to inform Korat that I've arrived.  The new TM-30 handles that, as well.  First contact with Korat will be the first 90-day report.

As to vehicle licenses, I can wait until renewal time to change the address.

What have I forgotten?

• Haha 1

So your not going to DLT to change the address on your licenses or vehicle registrations.  This should be interesting when the in the mail bills for speeding etc...never make it to you and next year when you try and pay the road tax your just SOL and denied as you have fines through the roof for failing to pay them, and with the new system the old ways of failing to pay will not be disregarded.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

So your not going to DLT to change the address on your licenses or vehicle registrations.  This should be interesting when the in the mail bills for speeding etc...never make it to you and next year when you try and pay the road tax your just SOL and denied as you have fines through the roof for failing to pay them, and with the new system the old ways of failing to pay will not be disregarded.

Nothing happens with regards to outstanding road fines when you pay road tax.

What new system - lol

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thanks..............I think?

I'm going by all the threads on this here forum that tell me it's not required to change the address on your licenses, that you can wait until renewal.  Is that not correct?

As to registrations, those will all be in girlwife's name, as will the taxes and insurance.  Not having been charged with any traffic violations in the past 40+ years, I'll take my chances regarding the speeding tickets.

• Thumbs Up 1