Lazada Wallet

Isan Farang

Recently received a refund from Lazada, and its in my wallet. The item was paid for using COD. I was told only Thai can use this method as a Thai ID card is required to activate.

Just checking if any one has faced this issue and how they managed to release the funds from the wallet.

Same thing is happening to me right now.  I received this email.

Warm Greeting from Lazada!
Your refund is now issued and under your Lazada wallet. In case you cannot activate your wallet, kindly provide your Thai bank account and your passport, we will help to withdraw the refund into your bank account. 
Please note: you may provide any identification cards that shows your photo and your name i.e. driving license / passport / ID card/ student card.
You can cover the number on the card as we need to see only your photo and your name.
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Issanman said:

I am not Thai and the Lazada wallet is a very easy and fast way to get and spend refunds.

+1.

I am not thai and I also have Lazada Wallet. There used to be a rule that it was only for Thais, but that was dropped about 18 months ago.

OP. you will have to provide ID items as requested. Probably Thai money laundering or anti fraud laws. But it works for refunds once set  up.

30 minutes ago, phetphet said:

+1.

I am not thai and I also have Lazada Wallet. There used to be a rule that it was only for Thais, but that was dropped about 18 months ago.

OP. you will have to provide ID items as requested. Probably Thai money laundering or anti fraud laws. But it works for refunds once set  up.

I’m a Thai citizenI’m a foreigner

Apologies img

Apologies

Due to regulations, Lazada wallet is now open for Thai citizens only.

Please contact Customer Support for further details.

It is very easy to activate the wallet for farangs. They put you through a painless procedure part of which you send them a pic of your Passport info page. It only takes a few minutes. It is to verify who you are and to prevent you from having more than one account. Just click on activate and follow the on screen instructions.

Peace

ID

Edited by ImageDude
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

The Wallet works ok on the phone app but not on PC for me. Just got a refund after the passport palaver

Ok this must be the problem, i do not have a smart phone. Only have note book and desktop and unable to proceed with either.  

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The Wallet works ok on the phone app but not on PC for me. Just got a refund after the passport palaver

It works ok for me on the PC. I don't have it on my phone. I only have one small gripe and that is you can't part pay with the wallet and pay the balance by C.O.D. You have to have sufficient funds in the wallet to make a purchase. I don't remember the details of how to set it up because it is more than a year ago since I did mine but it was a cinch.

Edited by ImageDude
  • Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:
I’m a Thai citizenI’m a foreigner

Apologies img

Apologies

Due to regulations, Lazada wallet is now open for Thai citizens only.

Please contact Customer Support for further details.

I think that is out of date information. I am not a Thai citizen and I have had a Lazada Wallet for almost two years.

Admittedly, I used to get that message about only being for Thai citizens, but it has changed.

In fact Lazada refunded me to my Wallet only two weeks ago after I received the wrong item. 

Here are the Terms and Conditions if anyone  really wants to read them.

But No.2  Registration should give you all the requirements.

Buthttps://pages.lazada.co.th/wow/i/th/THCampaign/wallet-terms-conditions?hybrid=1

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

Ok this must be the problem, i do not have a smart phone. Only have note book and desktop and unable to proceed with either.  

I used to use the wallet regularly and then they stopped it. been removing all refunds to my bank account for some time now, that has never been a problem.

I only ever use the computer, anything that involves money I would want to do on a full size keyboard and a screen you can read quite easily.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, ImageDude said:

It works ok for me on the PC. I don't have it on my phone. I only have one small gripe and that is you can't part pay with the wallet and pay the balance by C.O.D. You have to have sufficient funds in the wallet to make a purchase. I don't remember the details of how to set it up because it is more than a year ago since I did mine but it was a cinch.

when I go to withdraw from my wallet, it tells me to go to the phone app.

21 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I used to use the wallet regularly and then they stopped it. been removing all refunds to my bank account for some time now, that has never been a problem.

I only ever use the computer, anything that involves money I would want to do on a full size keyboard and a screen you can read quite easily.

If you pay by COD they will send the refund to the wallet, for future use looks like i need to use my debit card and then the refund will return to my bank account.

If they stopped you using the wallet , how do you now move the funds to your bank account ?

10 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

If you pay by COD they will send the refund to the wallet, for future use looks like i need to use my debit card and then the refund will return to my bank account.

If they stopped you using the wallet , how do you now move the funds to your bank account ?

Click on 'wallet', click on 'withdraw'

14 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

Before I had the wallet, I just used to use the Chat option and ask them to give me any refund as Lazada Vouchers. I then used them for future purchases.

Just now, Isan Farang said:

Not possible, if click on wallet they want me to activate

Call them, they will send you link in your email, for refund.  They will want ID & Bank info.

Very easy, as I've done a few times.

Now i am viewing the following info, that i assume would need to be used on a phone application as opposed to a desktop

Account upgrade is required for the following perks
Convenience of wallet payment
Upgraded security & protection
Lazada App required
This action is only supported in the latest version of Lazada App. Please download the app, or upgrade your app to the latest version.

55 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Call them, they will send you link in your email, for refund.  They will want ID & Bank info.

Very easy, as I've done a few times.

Just called them, they sent me link that can only be used with a smart phone. They told me the website information on the desktop is not the same as the smart phone.

• Thumbs Up 1