Suggestions / Advice for Long Stay

Advice from here has been very helpful so am hoping you will bear with me a little longer with my questions. 

We're here on a tourist visa extension of 30 days so we have until the end of October. 
I'm Irish and my partner is from the Philippines. My plan is to go on to a retirement visa in June when I'm fifty. (Madam is 35)
We had not expected to be here so soon, but work allowed me to do my last year consulting online so we came to Phuket to check it out as an option for retiring and are very happy here. 
I have a rental agreement on a villa for a year as our plan is to use Phuket as a base and look for a property here but also to check out properties in Koh Samui, Chiang Mai and maybe Hua Hin. 

My question is: are Immigration likely to give us much hassle if we are coming back regularly between now and June on tourist visas. I think the longest we would be out of Thailand would be a month between revisits. 
There is no issue with funds availability and our reasons for being here are genuine in the sense that we are exploring with a view to a purchase. 
Any suggestions / advice on situation would be appreciated. 

Thank you. 

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you enter with a tourist visa that allows a 60 day stay in the country? Or a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days.

Your plan should work if you are staying out of the country for at least 2 weeks or more.

We entered on 30 day visa exemption and are now on a 30 day extension. 

23 hours ago, WayneFarrell said:

also to check out properties in Koh Samui, Chiang Mai and maybe Hua Hin. 

With a Filipino partner you will most likely be looking at condos not property, as a foreigner you cannot own property other than a condo.  

• Thumbs Up 1