Chi and Mun river basins will be worst affected by tropical storm Noru

snoop1130

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijMhwnzonOKdkae7IobXtSoOYV1bdk-768x543.jpg

Chi and Mun river basins in the north-east of Thailand will suffer the worst effects of tropical storm Noru, which is expected to hit the region this Thursday, although the amount of rainfall may not be as much as that caused by two previous storms, Noul in September 2020 and Dianmu last September.

Thammapong Naowabut, head of water situation and analysis for the National Water Resources Office, admitted that there is widespread concern over the potential impact of Noru, due the characteristics it does have in common with Dianmu last September.

He said that, although the three storms share similar path across Thailand, rainfall, forecast using a simulation model, is expected to be about 200mm from Noru, compared to 407mm for Noul and 300mm for Dianmu.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/chi-and-mun-river-basins-will-be-worst-affected-by-tropical-storm-noru/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-09-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, 2009 said:

Will Route 24 from Isaan to Central Thailand be affected, do you think?

I believe it will effect all roadways in Isaan, it started raining here, Yasothon, in the early hours with the outer bands arriving and rain is forecast for the next 36 hours.

We live about a hundred metres from the Chi, where it forms the border between Surin & Buri Ram. noticed yesterday the floods have reached the next field and running at a fast rate. That means the river has risen by about 6 metres from normal at the moment. Should be able to go fishing from my garden wall in about three days.

• Like 1

Where are we defining 'Eastern' ?

This thread and an earlier one re Sisaket should be in the Isaan forum?

Eastern describes the seven provinces of 1 Chonburi, 2 Rayong, 3 Chanthaburi, 4 Trat, 5 Chachoengsao, 6 Prachinburi, 7 Sa Kaeo,

spacer.png

2 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Where are we defining 'Eastern' ?

This thread and an earlier one re Sisaket should be in the Isaan forum?

Eastern describes the seven provinces of 1 Chonburi, 2 Rayong, 3 Chanthaburi, 4 Trat, 5 Chachoengsao, 6 Prachinburi, 7 Sa Kaeo,

spacer.png

Agree, and a pet peeve of mine.  Maybe one day people will stop calling Krung Thep - Bangkok.

At least the generals will have something to blame the flooding on, instead of their poor governing.

7 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

We live about a hundred metres from the Chi, where it forms the border between Surin & Buri Ram. noticed yesterday the floods have reached the next field and running at a fast rate. That means the river has risen by about 6 metres from normal at the moment. Should be able to go fishing from my garden wall in about three days.

I live about the same distance away from the Chi too, but much further upstream in Chaiyaphum province.

Everyone in my village have been out gathering what they can harvest before the river properly overflows, which is happening as I write, I expect my village will be an island before morning...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said that, although the three storms share similar path across Thailand, rainfall, forecast using a simulation model, is expected to be about 200mm from Noru, compared to 407mm for Noul and 300mm for Dianmu.

On top of an already wet month that is going to cause flooding.

On 9/28/2022 at 6:47 AM, AhFarangJa said:

That's a different Chi River than the one in the OP.  Rather confusing, but there are two of them.  The one in the OP is the longest river that is wholly in Thailand, and is to the north of the Mun.  The one forming part of the Buriram-Surin border is to the south of the Mun, (indicated by the red arrow) and flows roughly northwards into it.  The water in this one was almost level with the bridge where 226 crosses it yesterday (Thursday), and the whole of 226 was flooded closer to Surin, just past the ring road junction.

image.png.69890162c79fbe233aed6175a68aba17.png

The Robinson carpark also added a paddling pool experience to my shopping trip.

image.png.a2eee62003daea03d5bdb606f5e5c4da.png

• Thanks 1