Pickup truck crashes in Chonburi, driver blames wet road

snoop1130

5BD32E22-2692-4334-B0D3-48949308A2B6-696x391.jpeg

PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

A pickup truck reportedly slipped on a wet road and crashed into a power pole in Chonburi during a downpour on Monday, September 27th.

The truck driver, Patpong Thongmee (31), was aided by Ban Bueng rescue services yesterday afternoon on the Nong Chak – Phanat Nikhom road in the Ban Bueng district of Chonburi. He was found inside his bronze Mitsubishi pickup truck with a crumpled bumper, sustaining a shoulder injury.

Rescue workers had to force open a car door because it was jammed before they transported the victim to Ban Bueng Hospital. A long brake trail was also discovered at the accident scene.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/09/27/pickup-truck-crashes-in-chonburi-driver-blames-wet-road/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-09-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

19 minutes ago, Parsve said:

How comes he missed an electical cabinet or pole. Those are very often used to stop the car in such cases in Thailand. Bad driver?

No Sir, he is a good driver......................

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A pickup truck reportedly slipped on a wet road and crashed into a power pole in Chonburi during a downpour on Monday, September 27th.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He was found inside his bronze Mitsubishi pickup truck with a crumpled bumper, sustaining a shoulder injury.

It is a good job they mentioned the damaged bumper as you may have missed it due to the rest of the pick up being bent like a banana.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I think many Thai drivers think dropping to a safe speed in the rain is going from 120 KMH to 115 kmh

On the 7 motorway between Chonburi and the airport... when it starts raining heavily they drop from 120 to 30 with their hazards flashing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Same applied on Sunday on the 24.

I heard there was a large trailer/ car accident on the motorway Northbound on Monday morning that brought speed down below that. 

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, Parsve said:

How comes he missed an electical cabinet or pole. Those are very often used to stop the car in such cases in Thailand. Bad driver?

Of course he didn't miss a pole. They never do. But you missed it in the report.
A pickup truck reportedly slipped on a wet road and crashed into a power pole

On 9/28/2022 at 8:16 AM, Asquith Production said:

I wonder of BIB ever check tyre condition. Is their a minimum tread depth

here?

Can't say I have ever had mine checked, not sure what they do at the test centre each year I pay the tax, the Mrs takes it. But it sounds very superficial.