Thai Driving Licence Renewal - problem watching the e-learning training video

Griffo63

Help!! I'm trying to watch Part 1 of the online training video in order to re-new my Thai Driving Licence.  Everything goes OK until 14 minutes in, when I get a message  - "Please confirm within 3 minutes to continue to watch the video". I click "Confirm"  at which point the video is paused so I press "Play"  - and then the problem starts as I'm taken back to the beginning of the video again.   I've done this 3 times now with the same result.   Any-one else have this experience and can any-one recommend a solution please 

Where are you watching? From DLT E-Learning site, the video in Thai that a man is talking the whole hour in 4 15-minute chunks, or something else for foreigners? This is how my video looked like:

image.png.e6ac6dce3fcc4b9d5627f3a7c43cf030.png

I've done it on Thai site, and the video stopped with a quiz that you had to answer within 3 minutes before it would allow you to proceed, looking like this:

image.png.f7e38984bd03fc9568140d0fc30122b9.png

Not sure if you're seeing the same thing. Maybe post a screenshot and let us know where you're watching it?

PS: When I renewed license 2 weeks back, nobody even wanted to see that confirmation that I've done the training... at Chatuchak DLT. Not sure that's needed at all, but still good to do it up-front or risk having to sit in for 2 hours watching them there.

Thanks.  I'm watching exactly the same one you preview.  I passed through the question you've shown without issue but it all went wrong after 14 minutes. I've tried Chrome and Safari browsers with the same result although interestingly the Safari link had questions in Thai (as per your example) whereas Chrome the questions where in English 

I've worked out whats been going on now.  The system thinks I've completed the course (watched all 4 lessons) and I've been in "review" mode  - so I'm being offered a further "review" once I've watched 14 minutes of lesson 1  -  thus returning to the start if I "confirm" 

After signing in and choosing from the 3 options  - new, renewal or renewal after one year lapse - it says I've completed the lessons (which I haven't) and I can print a certificate.

it wasn't quite straightforward as I then had to answer 4 multi choice questions but it wouldn't accept my answer until each one was correct (a bit of trial and error as they were in Thai)

I've now been able to print a certificate (QR code) stating I've completed the lessons and passed the test. 

Madness 

• 7 months later...
On 9/28/2022 at 3:12 PM, Griffo63 said:

I've now been able to print a certificate (QR code) stating I've completed the lessons and passed the test.

Yes I realize old thread.

Hopefully someone can advise.

So going to Chatuchak next week to obtain the 5 yr TDL.

Currently have a 2 yr license.

I did the online e learning and got  certificate Q code  and all that but that was some time ago. 

States valid for 6 months.

Is this really required.

My agent says not necessary 

Edited by DrJack54

With the agent I used 2 months ago there was no need to watch that. I only needed residence certificate and medical check. The only testing was the 4 physical reaction tests. You do spend 15 minutes watching something as you wait your turn to do the physical checks. The agent was not expensive as well. Money well spent. Only about an hour at the DLT.

I did my last extension without any agent as always.

Watched the video, got the QR which saves me from watching video at the office. Medical cert. plus pink card/yellow book, passport, old DL and that's it. Just done the physical tests.

Walk in no queue.

Why should I pay for an agent to do any shortcuts.

Yes I know it's not that easy everywhere 

Edited by KhunBENQ

• 3 months later...

Hello!

Anybody help me please.

I have a problem of e-learning for foreigner.

After I finish watching 4 section videos and replying questions, I cannot get the certificate. It seems I had wrong answers. But I don't understand how I proceed to change the answers. If I had all correct answers, how can I get the certificate? 

Thank you.

16 hours ago, RichardIX said:

Hello!

Anybody help me please.

After I finish watching 4 section videos and replying questions, I cannot get the certificate. It seems I had wrong answers. But I don't understand how I proceed to change the answers. If I had all correct answers, how can I get the certificate? 

Thank you.

Start over

16 hours ago, RichardIX said:

Hello!

Anybody help me please.

Thank you.

There are some websites which also help you practice answering the questions. 

https://traffic-rules.com/en/thailand/practice-test

https://move2thailand.com/driving-license-exam-in-thailand-2020/

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2023 at 4:00 PM, richard_smith237 said:

There are some websites which also help you practice answering the questions. 

https://traffic-rules.com/en/thailand/practice-test

https://move2thailand.com/driving-license-exam-in-thailand-2020/

I spent long time to get "training passed" in the e-learning, but in vain.

So, I went to the Department of Land Transport today, prepared to waste one hour viewing of the video. After reaction test and color blindness test, they told me to return 1 pm for video. I explained my problem of the e-learning. The officer asked me to show him my mobile and checked the e-learning site with my registered no.  He said "You have already passed" to my surprise!

He said the system had some trouble last week.

Well, this is what happened. Fortunately I got my license renewed.

But after hard time seeing video many times. It's unbearable not knowing why I can't get the result.  

Thank you anyway for your kind support, both of you!

• 2 weeks later...