Cabinet Gives Green Light for Thailand to Host SEA Games in 2025

snoop1130

1664349163_109127-tnamcot-e1664349190337-768x401.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 28 (TNA) – The cabinet resolved that Thailand would offer to host the 33rd Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) and the ASEAN Para Games in 2025.

Deputy government spokeswoman Traisuree Taisaranakul said the cabinet on Tuesday agreed to spend 2.05 billion baht to host the regional sports events.

The budget will be funded with 1.68 billion baht from the state’s budget, 200 million baht from privileges obtained from the games, 20 million baht from spectators’ tickets, 134 million baht from the registration fees of athletes and their staff in SEA Games and 16 million baht from the registration fees of athletes and staff in the ASEAN Para Games.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1027014

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-09-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

3 hours ago, transam said:

Not in September though......????

Last time it was in December ,whether a bit cooler ,and they shut all the schools for 2 weeks ,stating less traffic on the roads ,getting in the way of the games traffic .

Will they build a new stadium? or use the old one built in 2007 ,at Ragsit ,now used by Tamasat University.

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Does anyone care about these games?...

I believe Asians do. Who'd have thought? 

"They have I guess been going on for 32 years,and I know virtually zero about them.....I doubt
They have I guess been going on for 32 years,and I know virtually zero about them.....I doubt many people know more than me... many people know more than me..." 

Gong since 1951. Again, Asians might know more then you, weird hey? Even I knew that. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kickstart said:

Last time it was in December ,whether a bit cooler ,and they shut all the schools for 2 weeks ,stating less traffic on the roads ,getting in the way of the games traffic .

Will they build a new stadium? or use the old one built in 2007 ,at Ragsit ,now used by Tamasat University.

I believe it moves depending on the climate of the host country. Generally between September and December. 

I doubt they'd build a new stadium for it. Plenty of venues. Rajamangala was built for the 1998 Asian Games and can seat 70,000 so that should do for all track and field events. 

Lots of decent football stadiums now too. Not sure about swimming venues? 

Edited by josephbloggs

24 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I believe Asians do. Who'd have thought? 

"They have I guess been going on for 32 years,and I know virtually zero about them.....I doubt
They have I guess been going on for 32 years,and I know virtually zero about them.....I doubt many people know more than me... many people know more than me..." 

Gong since 1951. Again, Asians might know more then you, weird hey? Even I knew that. 

Thanks for confirming the games are pointless...