AOT sees more than 200% rise in traffic, looks to continue expanding concourses and runway to handle passenger uptick

webfact

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Looks like someone/s looking for some lucrative contracts here

If you are interested I think you are a bit late. From the article -

As for the runway construction, or the third runway, construction is now progressing well and has achieved progress rate of 41.72%. 

Reads more to me as a fluff piece to pump the AOT share price.........

• Thumbs Up 1

"AOT said that the construction of the 1st secondary concourse (SAT-1); and many other systems was currently undergoing real-time testing to prepare for opening next year.

"As for the runway construction, or the third runway, construction is now progressing well... The new runway would help Suvarnabhumi airport to be able to handle air traffic volumes increase to 94 flights per hour from the current 68 flights per hour."

That's all fine, but the big bottleneck prior to Covid was moving passengers in and out, mainly through immigration. Neither of these projects increases check-in, immigration, or baggage claim capacity at all, and we won't see those increased until a new terminal is built - a terminal whose location continues to be argued about years after construction was supposed to have started. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

AOT came out to say that the statistics for its 11-months ending August 2022, showed that the number of passengers it was handling rose sharply as tourism industry has started to recover in Thailand since the country’s reopening from July this year.

Surprising news.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hammerite said:

You may need to look at your maths. If you start at zero the % increase is infinite.

A better example would be if you go from 1 to 3, then the increase is 200%.

But your point is very well made nevertheless.

Edited by Gknrd

6 hours ago, Hammerite said:

You may need to look at your maths. If you start at zero the % increase is infinite.

A better example would be if you go from 1 to 3, then the increase is 200%.

But your point is very well made nevertheless.

If you start at 0 the increase will be what ever the number is , so infinity!

But, it is the same even if you have a non zero number IMO. 

I don't agree, I am getting old and had to sit down and write this down..

When you want a percentage you are looking for the difference between two numbers as a percentage.

So anything greater than 0 would be the percentage.  Example:  2-0 = 2 x 100 = 200%. No matter what number you have, if starting with 0 you will get a number that is the exact percentage of that number x 100.

Now, if you have any number other than 0?  Then the equasion would look like this.  3-1 = 2 ,  2/1 =2 x 100 = 200%.   You would have to follow that equation if any number other than 0.. example:  10,000 -1000 = 9000, 9000/1000 =9x100=900%.  

I am very interested in your opinion.. Please correct where I am wrong..

Edited by Gknrd

On 9/29/2022 at 8:44 PM, Gknrd said:

If you start at 0 the increase will be what ever the number is , so infinity!

But, it is the same even if you have a non zero number IMO. 

I don't agree, I am getting old and had to sit down and write this down..

When you want a percentage you are looking for the difference between two numbers as a percentage.

So anything greater than 0 would be the percentage.  Example:  2-0 = 2 x 100 = 200%. No matter what number you have, if starting with 0 you will get a number that is the exact percentage of that number x 100.

Now, if you have any number other than 0?  Then the equasion would look like this.  3-1 = 2 ,  2/1 =2 x 100 = 200%.   You would have to follow that equation if any number other than 0.. example:  10,000 -1000 = 9000, 9000/1000 =9x100=900%.  

I am very interested in your opinion.. Please correct where I am wrong..

I wanted to clarify a couple of things I wrote..

1: (If you start at 0 the increase will be what ever the number is , so infinity!).  Actually that is any number not just greater than 0.. negative or positive.

2: (So anything greater than 0 would be the percentage.). Not just greater than 0. It is any number either - or +.

Just wanted to clarify that. When working with negative or positive numbers  it does not matter.  

You can have a negative percentage just a well as a positive percentage.

Edited by Gknrd

On 10/9/2022 at 3:15 PM, Hammerite said:

Just keep digging matey...????????

Actually I quite enjoyed it..  

At first I thought you might know what you were talking about!

But after running the numbers and looking into it?  It's obvious you don't have a clue. 

Edited by Gknrd

On 9/29/2022 at 8:44 AM, ezzra said:

Looks like someone/s looking for some lucrative contracts here because when Thailand was receiving 40 million tourists a year there no issues with the facilities or the runways, now that Thailand get less than 10% of that numbers, someone/s thinks that that those facilities need expansion and upgrading...

Good point, can't count the number of regular announcements about expansion.

Is there any long-term planning?