Used batteries, where can I deposit them?

Confuscious

13 hours ago, Confuscious said:

where I can deposit the batteries?

Where I lived up in the rural north, 2 local recycling depots in town used to take them and pay 100 baht for each one. They were then recharged and sold along with other useable car parts to the local folk.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Haha 1

Most malls have drop offs for used batteries.  The OrBaTor office should also have a drop off, or know of one, since they usually are in charge /contracting of trash pickup.  Last district we lived in did.

The site I linked was all AIS vendors, I think.  Any electronic shop that does repairs would also point you in the right direction, as assuming they need discard quite a few.

If all fails, before I knew about drop off sites, I just duct taped them to the community trash bin, and let the 'collector' decide what to do.  At least knowing they now have (LiPo), and don't compress in back of truck unless wanting start a fire.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 10:11 AM, Burma Bill said:

Where I lived up in the rural north, 2 local recycling depots in town used to take them and pay 100 baht for each one. They were then recharged and sold along with other useable car parts to the local folk.

you can't recharge a dead laptop battery. Typically, the BMS is fried, or one of the cells inside is dead.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1