Has anyone successfully sent packages containing electronic with batteries overseas using Thailand post ?

bluebanana

Hi, 

You cannot send by airmail batteries. All packages will be scanned at the airport.

I ship tons of used old video game consoles and games all over the world and use UPS if there is a lithium battery in device.

Before covid I used Seamail shipping with the post if i had batteries. Now their rates are higher then airmail.....

• Like 1

I've always had anything with batteries returned.  That includes very small watch batteries.

I've also had electronic products returned that don't have batteries.  They assumed it had a battery in it's because it had a plug. 

No refunds.

You'll have to use Fedex, DHL, etc

Expect prices to start at 2,ooo baht for small international packages. 

• Like 1

Hi yes of course you can. A friend died about a year ago he had an expensive new Asus laptop which his daughter who lives in England wanted. Thailand post have a courier service in the main Chiang Mai PO they also have a packaging service you just fill in the required forms I think it cost around 3500Bt & she received it in 3 days! Passengers travel domestically/internationally everyday carrying  their mobiles & laptops!!

Twice a year or so I get hearing aid batteries from the Veterans Administration.....80 to a box.

Last year I sent one of my rechargeable hearing aids to the VA for repair.  Once it was repaired, the VA didn't want to sent it back......afraid it wouldn't pass the postal test.  I had them send it to my daughter in Texas and she sent it back via regular mail.  No problem.

Three years ago I sent my Samsung sports watch back to the US for replacement under warranty.  I had them send my replacement to my daughter, and she in turn to me.  No problem.