Crisis Of Confidence In Constitutional Court Looms: Academic

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

might probably prompt a crisis of confidence of the people in such an “independent” agency and aggravate the sustained political conflict between pro-Prayut and anti-Prayut elements.

People think there is an independent agency in Thailand?

On 10/1/2022 at 5:14 PM, spidermike007 said:

A crisis of confidence exists when there was once support for the court, and the people believed they were doing the work of the people. That is not the case here. Has there even been a time when the people believed in this mockery of justice? 

So, it is beyond a crisis of confidence. It appears the army is completely stripping the nation of any hope in the future. For goons who promised two years of rule, and now appear to want this to go on forever, the sense of hopelessness seems to be nearly absolute from the masses. Congrats to P & P. You have succeeded in tearing your nation asunder, increasing suicide, homelessness, destroying your economy, decimating tourism, and bringing unhappiness to the people. All for the sake of huge money and power. 

Burmese scapegoats aside, that time when  Thai cop blew up a Hong Kong bound Cathay Pacific airliner because his ex and her daughter were on it.

(Google is our truth oracle too).

Thai Court let him off, and the crowd outside went wild with nationalist frenzy. 

Naturally, it was turned into the old, "external forces" lie to save Thai face.

Although the perp died young, of cancer, so there's that. 

8 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Burmese scapegoats aside, that time when  Thai cop blew up a Hong Kong bound Cathay Pacific airliner because his ex and her daughter were on it.

(Google is our truth oracle too).

Thai Court let him off, and the crowd outside went wild with nationalist frenzy. 

Naturally, it was turned into the old, "external forces" lie to save Thai face.

Although the perp died young, of cancer, so there's that. 

Likely not cancer. Likely a fabrication fed to the media. But, a good result. 

On 10/1/2022 at 11:14 AM, spidermike007 said:

Congrats to P & P. You have succeeded in tearing your nation asunder, increasing suicide, homelessness, destroying your economy, decimating tourism, and bringing unhappiness to the people. All for the sake of huge money and power. 

And, in another thread, you designated Thailand as the finest country in the world to live in. What's your game? I take it you're a fellow American -- why did you expat to come here? If the horrible coup so decimated the people and the economy, that the P and P efforts were solely for personal gain -- what, pray tell, would have been a better alternative? Yeah, a democratically elected leader sounds nice, as if you ever get the right person elected. Who might that have been? (OK, I'd vote for Somkid -- but the coup makers employed him to their, and the country's, advantage -- solid decision making.)

No, Thailand has some hurdles to climb -- some of them of Prayut's doing (no, Spider, he did not introduce Covid to Thailand), but not from ignorant or malicious reasons -- but from some bad advice (fortunately, he was smart enough to ignore most). I really think he has the best intent for Thailand in his being. But, let's look back in several years, after the new rulers, and make a judgement. Kinda like what we did with Truman, who turned out to be probably one of the top 3 presidents we ever had (quit chuckling -- I know Prayut's not from Independence).

Anyway, sit back, relax, and enjoy your favorite country. And remember -- the glass is nearly full, not nearly empty. Think positive, my fellow Yank.

1 hour ago, JimGant said:

And, in another thread, you designated Thailand as the finest country in the world to live in. What's your game? I take it you're a fellow American -- why did you expat to come here? If the horrible coup so decimated the people and the economy, that the P and P efforts were solely for personal gain -- what, pray tell, would have been a better alternative? Yeah, a democratically elected leader sounds nice, as if you ever get the right person elected. Who might that have been? (OK, I'd vote for Somkid -- but the coup makers employed him to their, and the country's, advantage -- solid decision making.)

No, Thailand has some hurdles to climb -- some of them of Prayut's doing (no, Spider, he did not introduce Covid to Thailand), but not from ignorant or malicious reasons -- but from some bad advice (fortunately, he was smart enough to ignore most). I really think he has the best intent for Thailand in his being. But, let's look back in several years, after the new rulers, and make a judgement. Kinda like what we did with Truman, who turned out to be probably one of the top 3 presidents we ever had (quit chuckling -- I know Prayut's not from Independence).

Anyway, sit back, relax, and enjoy your favorite country. And remember -- the glass is nearly full, not nearly empty. Think positive, my fellow Yank.

You are confusing my sentiments and sympathies towards the majority of working Thais. They are the ones who took the punishment. 

For us? Most of us do not depend on Thailand for our income. Thankfully. And we lead very good lives. 

While your rose tinted glasses must be pleasant to wear, most of us expats, and about 96% of Thais likely disagree about the intentions of P & P. They are so far from noble. The highly selective nature of the economic shutdowns, favoring their cronies and the sueor rich, at the expense of the working class, inflicted an unforgivable amount of punishment on the people. 

Edited by spidermike007