Atttempted Burglary!

stubuzz

I got a call from the wife yesterday asking "Are these yours?" She then showed me a pair of 30" bolt cutters that she found hidden by the back door. She informed our police friend who took them to the lab for printing, but the police at the station were not really interested in the matter.

As i am currently of the country, my wife is trying to find somebody to make a few modifications to the back door because i am sure the owners will return. I am assuming, as the door is locked from the inside, that they will return with a crowbar to force the door or use a hacksaw to cut through the frame fixing bolts.

Edited by stubuzz

it appears you are renting as you mention  "because i am sure the owners will return" if that's the case you can not change locks without informing them and get permission, why would the owners try to brake in, any particular reason

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Burglars usually come back twice, maybe put some CCTV up as a deterrent 

I have the cameras in the house waiting for me to fit when i get back next month.

I may have the wife put them outside on the table near the back door and have them record to the cloud as a temporary measure.

Edited by stubuzz

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

The OP is talking about the owners of the bolt cutters, there is nothing to suggest he is renting.

could be misinterpreted .... and it appears it was  555

7 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

I have the cameras in the house waiting for me to fit when i get back next month.

I may have the wife put them outside on the table temporarily and have them record to the cloud.

Get some fake ones for now

For example: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/dummy-camera-i2327285645-s7867458924.html?

And then tell the wife to get the handy man to put some up.

This could deter the "owners" of the Bolt Cutters to not come back and you have time to install the real deal!

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mavideol said:
8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The OP is talking about the owners of the bolt cutters, there is nothing to suggest he is renting.

could be misinterpreted .... and it appears it was  555

That depends on your reading age !! :giggle:

Ops... kitchen lights on timers (to go on and off in the night), movement sensitive lights outside.

And of course security cams (which you have ready to go up).

Can your wife install them ?.... a friend of hers or a neighbour etc ?

1 hour ago, stubuzz said:

I got a call from the wife yesterday asking "Are these yours?" She then showed me a pair of 30" bolt cutters that she found hidden by the back door.

How feckless does a potential burglar have to be to leave ‘bolt cutters’ on a place he has ‘cased’ ???

Utterly brain dead, but could also be an indication of the mental state of the potential burglar... drugged up, drunk etc....  

Its wholly irritating that the Police don’t care at all...  utterly lazy. 

Thats no blight on the Thai police. In the UK the police aren’t even bothered after a burglary. 

17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

A rottweiler, german shepherd or doberman is usually a good deterrent for burglars.

Even our chihuahuas plus the geese are effective noise makers if anyone untoward (or the postman) is in the area.

Lights and noise are the burglar's enemy.

With the current water level they would need a boat too ???? 

47 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

I may have the wife put them outside on the table near the back door and have them record to the cloud as a temporary measure.

Maybe get a handyman to fit now and yes to the cloud is a good idea, we've just had CCTV installed in the UK for the same reason