Residence Certificate For Dl

samran

Hi all,

Wifey went down to Suan Phlu today to do the 90 day reporting and to get a residence certificate, as she needs to get her 5 year license in July.

It turns out that she has to wait 10 days before she can go down and pick it up. Is this normal?

Cheers

Samran

Hi all,

Wifey went down to Suan Phlu today to do the 90 day reporting and to get a residence certificate, as she needs to get her 5 year license in July.

It turns out that she has to wait 10 days before she can go down and pick it up. Is this normal?

Cheers

Samran

Sounds about right for Thailand. :o Different Im office,s will have their own criteria.

Hi,

I sent my application for the residency doc via post to the British Embassy and got it sent back to me within a week.

(it's 'goofy' that they simply 'believe' that the address you write on the form IS your real address... confirmed by who? me. Trust me, I'm English. Kind makes a bit of a mockery of the thing if you ask me, but hey, I'm not complaining)

I was told at the Sukhumvit 99 Land Transport Office in January of this year when I renewed that a letter from Immigration is no longer accepted.

Apparently Work Permit or Letter from Embassy are the only accepted proof.

The letter that my wife applied for at immigration was for a certificate of residence for the purposes of drivers licenses. She is on an extended non-O visa, based on marraige to me, a Thai national.

Anyway, we'll see when we go down to Mor Chit in a week or so...

Why not go to Embassy to get a Residence Certificate. Took me 10mins to get it

Document Required

Passport

Proof of Billing any bill which state your home address

Edited by tytus

I also went to the same imm. office on Suanplu few months ago to get the same document. It took about the same amount of wait time before I could pick it up. So, it is a normal wait for everyone.

Hi all,

Cheers

Samran

I also went to the same imm. office on Suanplu few months ago to get the same document. It took about the same amount of wait time before I could pick it up. So, it is a normal wait for everyone.
Hi all,

Cheers

Samran

thanks for that, good to hear.

Getting my driver's license in Phayao, I was told by one person in the office that I needed a certificate of residence from Immigration, then by another that my work permit would suffice, and finally by a third that in fact I needed the cert. from Immigration. Fortunately I had both with me.

By the way, I'd always heard that the driver's test (road test) was easy here in Thailand but not so in Phayao. 4 other people took it with me, including 1 other farang, and we all failed! The tester let us try again & still most of us didn't quite do everything as required, but 3 of us got our licenses anyway. Good luck.

Getting my driver's license in Phayao, I was told by one person in the office that I needed a certificate of residence from Immigration, then by another that my work permit would suffice, and finally by a third that in fact I needed the cert. from Immigration. Fortunately I had both with me.

By the way, I'd always heard that the driver's test (road test) was easy here in Thailand but not so in Phayao. 4 other people took it with me, including 1 other farang, and we all failed! The tester let us try again & still most of us didn't quite do everything as required, but 3 of us got our licenses anyway. Good luck.

cheers,

we already have the 1 year licenses, which expire in July. The letter of residence is just so that my wife can get a 5 year one...

The letter of residence is just so that my wife can get a 5 year one

But in order to get a 5 year license the driver needs to complete the 1st 1 year rite?

thats right. Her one year license expires in mid July..

I'm about to get a Thai driver's licence. I assume they won't accept my letter from the embassy because it's 7 years old! I am still at the same address though. I'd rather not pay 1900 Baht for another letter from the embassy so I'll try and get a certificate of residency from Suan Phlu. However, even though I've had a work permit for years, I've never bothered with the 90 days' rule. Will I get in trouble if I have never done the 90 days' registration and then ask for a certificate of residency?

No scolding replies, please. When I first got my work permit (back in the last millenium), the 90-day rule had not been enforced for years. I am aware I am technically breaking the (pointless) law.

cheers,

we already have the 1 year licenses, which expire in July. The letter of residence is just so that my wife can get a 5 year one...

free download for the form on this forum all you need is house paper and passport same as orig. license Immagr. fee is free also