“Nuan” the cat chosen as Thailand’s mascot for APEC Summit

snoop1130

5AADC071-83D1-4D66-99A6-C545B880AF14.jpeg

The Thai Foreign Ministry has chosen a cat, by the name of Nuan, as Thailand’s publicity mascot for the APEC Summit, to be held in Bangkok on November 18th and 19th.

The ministry said, in its Instagram post that, hosting theAPEC meetings this year presents an important opportunity for Thailand to play constructive role in formulating policies and directions for regional economic development and for the sharing of experiences and knowledge between APEC countries, which will help improve economic development in Thailand and strengthen capacities in all areas of both the public and private sectors.

All members of the Thai public are invited to be good hosts for all the guests to make this important event a success, said the ministry.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/nuan-the-cat-chosen-as-thailands-mascot-for-apec-summit/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-10-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Thai Foreign Ministry has chosen a cat, by the name of Nuan, as Thailand’s publicity mascot for the APEC Summit

How apt for Thailand... but could have been worse

"the Sphynx cat"

Edited by hotchilli
  • Haha 1

I remember someone saying in another post a few months ago that cats weren't 'natural' to Thailand.

(I responded with the fact that temple cats have been around in Thailand for thousands of years)

I think this disproves that theory

Edited by RobU
spelling correction

5 hours ago, RobU said:

I remember someone saying in another post a few months ago that cats weren't 'natural' to Thailand.

(I responded with the fact that temple cats have been around in Thailand for thousands of years)

I think this disproves that theory

I expect the existence of Siamese cats dispels that too. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I expect the existence of Siamese cats dispels that too. 

Yes, in fact Thailand gifted cats to Catherine the Great of Russia. There are 2 breeds of Thai cat, the Siamese cat and the Mekong Bobtail cat. We have 3 bobtails as pets in Nong Khai