single-entry visa extension

I like to stay in pattaya 4-5 month during wintertime wihout leaving Thailand. Going on exempt and get the visa there is not working. Is arriving with tourist visa  2 month single entry or no-O retirement single entry 3 month better. What extension possibilities do I have in Pattaya. Like to stay 4 to 5 month. Is this doable. Im german passport holder Thanks

41 minutes ago, will23 said:

entry with 2 or 3 month visa. 

Not clear what you are stating.

A 2 month visa is a tourist visa and can be extended by 30 days.

3 month visa think you mean non O which can only be extended by 12 months and has financial requirements.

Not best option for 4-5 month stay.

Read my first post. 

Visa exempt entry + extension+ border bounce with another visa exempt entry+ extension= 5 months.

No visa required. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, will23 said:

I like to stay in pattaya 4-5 month during wintertime wihout leaving Thailand.

Obtaining a Non Imm O Visa to enter Thailand would grant a stay of 90 days.

If you have an income of more than 40K THB per month, you could obtain an Income certificate letter from the German Embassy, which would then allow you to apply for a 1-year extension of stay.

Purchase a re-entry permit, which protects any permission of stay granted, and this will allow you to re-enter Thailand again the following year - then repeat. This is the only way you could stay for 4-5 months continuously each year without having to leave Thailand.

5 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

This is the only way you could stay for 4-5 months continuously each year without having to leave Thailand.

He could enter visa exempt obtain 30 day extension and then obtain non O equals 5 months.

Really depends if he is prepared to meet the financials for annual extensions.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

He could enter visa exempt obtain 30 day extension and then obtain non O equals 5 months.

That involves a lot of bureaucratic procedures to follow, when the OP has stated he could obtain the Non O before entering Thailand.

The intention of applying for the Non 0 in Thailand is a prelude to applying for a 1-year extension, not to stay 5 months.

8 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

The intention of applying for the Non 0 in Thailand is a prelude to applying for a 1-year extension, not to stay 5 months.

What? .....you suggested this..

"which would then allow you to apply for a 1-year extension of stay."

He can obtain a non O retirement in Thailand with no intention of obtaining annual extension

Edited by DrJack54

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

He can obtain a non O retirement in Thailand with no intention of obtaining annual extension

That is not the intent of changing status from Tourist to Non Immigrant just so you can stay 5 months without leaving Thailand.

The OP obviously intends to stay several months each year.
Your advice would be to enter VE each year, extend his stay for 30 days, then apply for the Non O.
That's 3 visits to an Immigration office within the space of 60 days each year.

Not to mention an outbound ticket within 30 days, entering VE.

20 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Your advice would be to enter VE each year, extend his stay for 30 days, then apply for the Non O.

Read my earlier posts.

They did not mention obtaining a non O.

BTW it would only be two visits to immigration for 30 day extension+ non O.

The onward flight "get around" is very simple and options discussed often. 

You stated that the only option without exiting Thailand was to obtain annual extensions to a non O.

I simply pointed out that is incorrect 

Which it is. 

Your words......

"This is the only way you could stay for 4-5 months continuously each year without having to leave Thailand"

Edited by DrJack54

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes he did.

19 hours ago, will23 said:

Is arriving with tourist visa  2 month single entry or no-O retirement single entry 3 month better.

28 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

BTW it would only be two visits to immigration for 30 day extension+ non O.

Incorrect;
One visit to apply for a 30-day extension, a second visit to apply for the Non O, and a third to get the stamp when his application has been approved.

I believe you may get away with applying for a change of status from Tourist to Non Immigrant once, but trying each and every subsequent year, just so you can stay 5 months, Immigration would regard it as an abuse of the system and deny further Non O applications, unless you intended to thereafter apply for a 1-year extension.

1 minute ago, Liquorice said:
39 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes he did.

I give up....

I stated "read MY earlier posts they did not mention non O"...

Meaning I suggested visa exempt + extension then wash and repeat with border bounce.

My suggestion later regarding he could have a 5 month stay without obtaining extension to a non O was just to point out your error.

Done. 

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I give up....

I stated "read MY earlier posts they did not mention non O"...

Meaning I suggested visa exempt + extension then wash and repeat with border bounce.

My suggestion later regarding he could have a 5 month stay without obtaining extension to a non O was just to point out your error.

And both IMO are circuitous suggestions, involving more travel, expense and bureaucracy, when a proven direct procedure is available, that would allow the OP to remain in Thailand for 4-5 months a year without leaving Thailand.
Non Imm O (one off) > 1-year extension of stay.
In following years, he would only be required to apply for the 1-year extension + re-entry permit.

On 10/4/2022 at 3:10 PM, will23 said:

I like to stay in pattaya 4-5 month during wintertime wihout leaving Thailand.

OP, here is your thread from Sat.

For comprehensive advice I think a clear outline of your plans would be a good idea.

Then you receive best advice that suits your needs.

Extensions to a non O will require bank account and you mention that you don't have one, however you can open account with a non O. 

Also you mention use of agents as an option.

Edited by DrJack54