Thai Legal System

howtoescape

I read this forum with great interest and it highlights the impurities about every aspect of Thailand for good or bad cause.

Anyway read this article about this over educated American Judge.

You can bet for a fact nothing so stupid would ever happen in Thailand.

Also note the BBC's comments about who owned the dry cleaners. (BBC is a racist liberal regime)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6238364.stm

PS Im English this isnt a pop at you Septics!

The argument shouldn't be that the frivolous lawsuit wouldn't happen in Thailand and therefore the U.S. legal system is more stupid.

Things "so stupid" can and do happen every day in Thailand, the details are just different. It's not more or less stupid, just different stupid.

Not Thailand related, yet. So, what say we close this topic if nobody can actually relate it to Thailand?

Er... I lost a pair of trousers once.

Not at a dry cleaners though.

Actually, not in Thailand.

OK, I didn't really, I just like this thread... :o

Nearly closing time, but if I'm fast... That is why I no longer have my clothes commercially laundered in Thailand - too much stuff goes missing. There. Thai-related. You can close it now.

I like the Thai legal system. It's much like New York and New Jersey used to be when I was growing up and the way Mexico is today.

We all ways get $20 folded in our drivers license, hand it to the cop get the license back, less the $20 and on your way.

It's way a beautiful thing.

At present in Mexico you can always negotiate at the time of your traffic stop or other random shake down pay off and be on your way. Very simple.

Definitely beat high fines, court time loss time from work and increased insurance rates.

Justice must be purchased. Unfortunately it is not availible to the poor... :o