Does anyone here trade crypto?

onebaht

I want to put a few hundred into a couple of wallets.

I've read somewhere it should be one centralized wallet and one decentralized one. It lets you get to know how both work, apparently.

Can anyone recommend one of each that's the go-to in industry for quality/beginner friendly?

Binance, Coinbase, Gemini, Crypto.com are the largest exchanges where you can buy crypto currencies, all work in Europe although in Thailand i'm not sure whats the best to set up.

Centralized wallet just refers to keep your coins on the exchange you brought from, 'fine' with the big ones but smaller ones its better to withdraw to another wallet that you have control over.

Personally i would only invest in Bitcoin or Ethereum but prices are pretty low all things considered.

Coins like doge and chainlink could well go up and perhaps worth a punt.

• Like 1

I like and use the exchange: Coinbase.  Their central wallet is easy for me to use. But I only keep what I plan on selling in their wallet. Once I have made a purchase, I transfer everything from my Coinbase wallet to my hard wallet, which I use Ledger. I keep everything there until I want to sell it, then transfer it back to Coinbase's wallet. This is just how I do it, you will find others that do it different. If you are going to play around in the crypto world, my main suggestion is do your research. Good luck

• Like 1