Stray Dogs: Thai animal lovers react to dog shot in the head with a harpoon dart

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption: Savagely cruel

Reaction from Thai animal lovers was swift after a vet posted about a stray dog that had been shot in the head by a harpoon dart used to catch fish.

The dart with a spur had pierced the stray's head and gone right through.

It was initially in a coma and barely breathing but an update later after surgery showed the dog with its eyes open and the prognosis was that it would be back on the streets in a few days, reported Daily News.

Netizens reacted to the savage cruelty of someone who might do this. 

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

They praised the vets at "Bung Ta Lua" veterinary hospital (in Nakhon Ratchasima) for their efforts.

Some hoped that bad karma would be visited upon whoever did this. 

A 45 second video posted later on the same page showed the dog apparently none the worse for wear. No one mentioned the menace of street dogs. 

The shooter could face 2 years in jail and a 40,000 baht fine for such an attack. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-10-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Dogs have different characters , just as humans .

There are good ones and bad ones ...

But humans who support cruelty towards animals and post things like " kill them all " on a public forum , just prove by their comments that they are not better than the bad and aggressive soi dogs themselves , and should consequently be treated as such ...

Stray dogs are bad. End of story.

Crayons.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Stray dogs are bad. End of story.

Yes Adolf !!! Of course u r right , mein Fuehrer !

scary purple head ugly face vector illustration

But , of course , you describe yourself as

"Pom Farang. Mai Khow Jai" .That's right .

Edited by nobodysfriend

23 hours ago, webfact said:

No one mentioned the menace of street dogs. 

I'm a dog lover but when it comes to free roaming soi dogs then I'm not. Just this morning I got attacked by 2 whilst out cycling. Wish I had a coin for every dog attack I've endured over the years I'd be a rich man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2022 at 9:12 AM, proton said:

Thai 'animal lovers' who eat animals, allow cock fighting and capturing birds and turtles for making 'merit'. As well as letting the soi dog population continue to grow, leaving animals to live miserable diseased lives. There is no such thing as karma, it's a myth.

That is a pretty interesting comment.

I reckon there is a lot of truth there.????????

• Like 1

20 hours ago, proton said:

Perpetrator should be hired slot a few more of the vermin ????

Shooting a dog with a harpoon gun is hardly a concerted effort to keep numbers down, is it?

Just an act of random cruelty, or casual sadism.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, huangnon said:

Shooting a dog with a harpoon gun is hardly a concerted effort to keep numbers down, is it?

Could have been an accident. We will never know unless we get the full story.

7 minutes ago, huangnon said:

At least he made an effort, he needs a gun though

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 9:12 AM, proton said:

Thai 'animal lovers' who eat animals, allow cock fighting and capturing birds and turtles for making 'merit'. As well as letting the soi dog population continue to grow, leaving animals to live miserable diseased lives. There is no such thing as karma, it's a myth.

i agree with your comments .

• Like 1