Hua Hin to Prachaup Kiri Khan Travel

stament

I know you can catch the train but the times aren't that convenient.

Does anyone know how often minivans or buses travel between the two places. Secondly, what time do they start each day?

Lastly, is it possible to get a minivan from Prachaup Kiri Khan to Hua Hin airport?

Thanks in advance.

I'm going to guess and say they run almost every hour.  Daughter used when coming down from Krung Thep and there's a couple companies that run that route.

Going back up just pay to go beyond Hua Hin and most drivers will drop you off wherever you like as long as they don't have to go off the main road.

100 baht tip always helps and I doubt if they'll be able to actually go into the airport as probably not allowed.  If not going to stop for 100 baht, you may want to offer more since the taxis from downtown Hua Hin to the airport are a bit silly.

The train is very convenient as it drops off right in town since there are not a whole lot of taxis waiting for fares at the van stop.

Van depot is on Phetkasem road, highway 4, at the intersection and it's 1 ish km to surfside.  Not really far unless you're caring or dragging a bag along with you.

At present you can still cross the railroad tracks.  That won't be an option in the future when they put the fencing up for the dual high speed line.  Nothing to worry about this year or next.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

if you are in hua hin,

I suggest you go to the clock tower and check the best timing with the guy there to  buy ticket in advance.

Minivans can be full sometimes.

Also, from what i know already, there are very few or no buses. 

Unless you find with tour operators.

There are big public transport buses and minibuses go from bangkok to prachuap use the by pass.

But very few now compared to before covid.

The minibus that i know goes throigh hua hin only goes to pranburi.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

At present you can still cross the railroad tracks.  That won't be an option in the future when they put the fencing up for the dual high speed line.  Nothing to worry about this year or next.

Point of pedantry - it's not a high speed line, just a dual track line. Journeys will be slightly quicker because trains can pass each other anywhere, instead of only in stations but the speed of the trains themselves won't be any faster than what it is now.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, jojothai said:

You are lucky.

I am just getting a minivan from hua hin toward prachuap. Just got on the van.

The guy selling tickets says the minivans are every 30 to 40 minutes.

Start at 6.30 am.

Until about 6pm.

Coming back about the same.

The vans go from petchaburi to prachuap via cha-am and hua hin.

So they go past the airport and you can ask to get out there.

I am getting van from the clock tower. It just stopped at market village.

There are small desks to buy tickets.

Many thanks. I am planning to get the train to Prachaup and the mini van back to Hua Hin due to the infrequent train times.

1 hour ago, jojothai said:

The minibus that i know goes throigh hua hin only goes to pranburi.

1 hour ago, jojothai said:

Do you know if vans or buses go from the Clock Tower to Pranburi? And how about Pak Nam Pran?

1 hour ago, stament said:

Many thanks. I am planning to get the train to Prachaup and the mini van back to Hua Hin due to the infrequent train times.

Have you been to PKK before ?

I live just out of town, west side of hwy 4

image.png.0b5fcfb1e70710e98c14401a714a6ea4.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

I've been there just two times. nice little place but they need to import some Mediterraneans to shoot them how to cook seafood properly ????

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, NevNic said:

Do you know if vans or buses go from the Clock Tower to Pranburi? And how about Pak Nam Pran?

There is a minibus goes through Hua hin to Pranburi where you should be able to get transport to the coastal district of Pak Nam Pran. 

In Hua hin the minibus stops at the clock tower and I understand also at Market Village.
The minibus terminates in Pranburi near the main intersection on Petkasem road.
The one after the lotus junction going south.

I would expect that main intersection will have local transport to Pak Nam Pran but I do not know any details.
Probably a better place than Lotus's.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Thanks for the info. Does the minivan only stop in the top left hand corner of your map? How can you get from there to the town centre? Are there songtails or grab or do you have to use motorbike taxis @KhunLA

50 minutes ago, stament said:

Thanks for the info. Does the minivan only stop in the top left hand corner of your map? How can you get from there to the town centre? Are there songtails or grab or do you have to use motorbike taxis @KhunLA

Yes, I don't think any go into town.

There are taxis (scooter w/side cart), but they really don't hang out there much.  2.2 kms to walk to surfside, than another half kms or so, till hotels, if wanting to stay surfside.  If not rainy or loaded down with packs, it's pleasant enough.  Might have a dog or 5 bark at you, but they're harmless.

If you do walk, as stated, you can cross the RR tracks, and no need to use the overpass, as no walkway on, and small shoulder is used by MBs.

More than a few people simply walk it.  Also why the train is convenient, if convenient for you at HH.  Actually travel time, driving vs train is about the same I think, 1+ hr.  Depending on traffic, it sometimes takes me 1.5 hr to drive home from BluPort, and I'm only 5 minutes off the van intersection.

Also the train station to surfside and 'all' things, is only 1/2 kms, or less.

If walking from van stop, there's small park, next to stadium, I frequent with the dog almost daily, that you'll pass on the walk to the surf, with a 7-11 just prior.  Pick up a snack/beverage, and sit lakeside (small).  Do have to exit same gate (stadium entrance) as going in, as they have yet to open the other gates since covid, so an extra 200m of backtracking ????

Anything else, feel free to ask.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Yes, I don't think any go into town.

There are taxis (scooter w/side cart), but they really don't hang out there much.  2.2 kms to walk to surfside, than another half kms or so, till hotels, if wanting to stay surfside.  If not rainy or loaded down with packs, it's pleasant enough.  Might have a dog or 5 bark at you, but they're harmless.

If you do walk, as stated, you can cross the RR tracks, and no need to use the overpass, as no walkway on, and small shoulder is used by MBs.

More than a few people simply walk it.  Also why the train is convenient, if convenient for you at HH.  Actually travel time, driving vs train is about the same I think, 1+ hr.  Depending on traffic, it sometimes takes me 1.5 hr to drive home from BluPort, and I'm only 5 minutes off the van intersection.

Also the train station to surfside and 'all' things, is only 1/2 kms, or less.

If walking from van stop, there's small park, next to stadium, I frequent with the dog almost daily, that you'll pass on the walk to the surf, with a 7-11 just prior.  Pick up a snack/beverage, and sit lakeside (small).  Do have to exit same gate (stadium entrance) as going in, as they have yet to open the other gates since covid, so an extra 200m of backtracking ????

Anything else, feel free to ask.

Many thanks, very informative indeed. Think we might hire a car from HH for the convenience as we would need two hire two motorbikes in PKK anyway. The train time from HH is fine but coming back the times are awful.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/7/2022 at 5:43 AM, stament said:

Lastly, is it possible to get a minivan from Prachaup Kiri Khan to Hua Hin airport?

Yes all vans stopping in  hua hin And then continuing north will drop you off opposite airport for  another 100thb from memory you arrage when getting on in pkk

• Thanks 1