Thai satellite receivers

petermik

Gents help needed....currently we have a IPM hd2 satellite box installed which developed a fault, repair guy came out and fixed it but as it's 8 years old recommended we upgraded it... now the obvious choice would be the IPM hd 3...but am I right in thinking a PSI s2x or a Infosat receiver would do the same job...because my dish is an IPM am I limited to the IPM receiver or could I use any of the others mentioned.... this system is in our second home which we only spend 10/12 days each month so having internet installed is not worth it....we watch downloaded movies/series in the main but my better half likes to keep up with the news and the odd variety shows....thanks in advance for any help.

Get an Android Box and stream everything.

Netflix, YouTube, KODI.

Just use your phone as a "Mobile Hotspot".

YouTube has all the Thai TV channels, even streaming the volleyball championships in Poland.  The Thai girls here are love the Volleyball.

8 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Netflix, YouTube, KODI.

YouTube has all the Thai TV channels, even streaming the volleyball championships in Poland.  The Thai girls here are love the Volleyball.

No thanks I just want information specific to the thread....

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Netflix, YouTube, KODI.

Just get a PSI 2x box.

It's only like 459 baht.

It's so cheap because it's subsidized.  It's basically just commercial programing.

1665153294421.jpg.b352c507b4d8ededfee2d8d8ea9333ad.jpg

You get what you pay for.

Basically nothing. 

As I posted will this be compatible with my IPM dish and is it superior or virtually the same as an IPM HD 3 box... thanks for your help I realise there are many options but as I mentioned we spend just 10/12 days per month down at the house and I don't have a data plan on my phone...we don't spend a lot of time in front of the television just in the evening we will watch a movie or UK series followed by the Thai news late on,my better half English is very good... currently we are part way through the 5th series of the Blacklist which she is enjoying immensely.. again thanks for your input.

It will (probably) be compatible.  I don't really know the technical specifics of the broadcast systems in Thailand but if you buy the box and it doesn't work it means that you will need to replace the LNB (the receiver in the middle of the dish) rather than the dish itself?

Also, do you have a ku-band (small solid dish) or C-band (large mesh dish) system? 

3 hours ago, JaiMaai said:

It will (probably) be compatible.  I don't really know the technical specifics of the broadcast systems in Thailand but if you buy the box and it doesn't work it means that you will need to replace the LNB (the receiver in the middle of the dish) rather than the dish itself?

Also, do you have a ku-band (small solid dish) or C-band (large mesh dish) system? 

Small solid IPM dish