Taxi from Suvarnabhumi to Ayutthaya

mrblonde

We arrive in Thailand in 4 weeks time on a Sunday about 4pm.  Will be wanting a taxi to Ayutthaya, where’s best to get one please?  Pre-book?  Or normal taxi rank? 
we usually head south when we arrive and a friend picks us up, so this is our first time needing transport from the airport.

Many thanks in advance 

I usually take a meter taxi which cost around 800 baht to Bang Pa-In which is 20 minutes before Ayutthaya.  But many will try to charge a set fee.  The airport gives you a Taxi Complaint Form at the meter taxi queue.  As soon as I get in the taxi, I take photos of his license.  If he complains about meter, I show the complaint form and offer a 100B tip. Has always worked for me.  

You can call my taxi guy also, he lives in Rangsit and speaks OK English and has a nice van.  Amnat Taxi 081-491-4377.  I usually give him 1000B and he is very happy.  Prices may have gone up since Covid, these prices were pre-Covid.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Normal taxi rank, will cost 1,200 baht for normal size taxi.

Sounds plausible.

Closer than Pattaya but missing the opportunity for a return fare.

Make sure price includes toll.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Bangkok taxis are not bound to use their meters for destinations outside the city limits. So a fixed fare is applicable, which is negotiable. I thought it was now 1500 baht from Suvarnabhumi to Ayutthaya, but I could be wrong. Normally, the driver would ask for more and you would try to get it for less.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, billp said:

Bangkok taxis are not bound to use their meters for destinations outside the city limits. So a fixed fare is applicable, which is negotiable. I thought it was now 1500 baht from Suvarnabhumi to Ayutthaya, but I could be wrong. Normally, the driver would ask for more and you would try to get it for less.

Yes, they start by asking higher , luckily my “negotiator” brought it down to 1200 baht ( including tolls , 60 baht ???? ).

This was beginning of September.