Anutin surprised me.

heybuz

Just watched a report about the legalising of ganga in thailand and part of it was an interview with Anutin ,i was surprised he came over quiet well not the bombastic person i thought, maybe we don't see all. They also disclosed his wealth as they know it ,he is a baht billionare not a dollar one according to the report ,i also noted one of his flight crew was a falang on his private jet I'm surmising he was one of the pilots i doubt he'd be serving drinks.

• Like 1

he went for health ministry post because he knew that "medical ganja" would bring him and his party a lot of profits from ganja industry, which they championed.

He is overly emotional and not rational, in the past he had to delete several public statements from his fb (that including racist and xenophobic opinions). He even claimed his account was hacked, later was forced do temporarily deactivate it - that was under pressure from the PM.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, heybuz said:

Just watched a report

Any details? Where did you see this? Which network?

Here perhaps... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYryDFLO4Y

I think he cleans up well - he did go to college in the U.S. - for the international press.

His overall performance as Minister of Health migh earn him a C+ grade. Yes, he had a huge task in dealing with COVID, but did he really make any improvements? Introduce new programs?

1 hour ago, heybuz said:

i also noted one of his flight crew was a falang on his private jet I'm surmising he was one of the pilots i doubt he'd be serving drinks.

Anutin himself is widely known as a pilot, and he ferries organs around the country for transplants.

I think he has a private airfield at one of his estates up-country?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrMuddle said:

Considering that Thailand is a country surrounded by other countries, and Britain is an island, I thought that Thailand's handling of the Covid crisis was exceptionally good. There were very few deaths here compared to many other countries, and lockdowns were kept to a minimum, especially compared to what happened in Britain. The vaccine roll out was also excellent, I've had my second booster vaccination already, whereas many friends in the UK have still only had one booster.
Well done and thank you, Mr Anutin, the Thai Government & Health service!

???? Britain is a global hub and has an ageing populace which was why it got hit hard. Being an island makes no difference; we have these things called aeroplanes. It also reported accurately. Don't know what you've been reading, but everyone and their cat knows that the Thai tally figures were woefully underreported and the levels of testing was just comical. The initial vaccine rollout was also a joke and relied on donations, whereas the UK was timely and impressive... though what any of this has to do with cannabis I don't know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

???? Britain is a global hub and has an ageing populace which was why it got hit hard. Being an island makes no difference; we have these things called aeroplanes. It also reported accurately. Don't know what you've been reading, but everyone and their cat knows that the Thai tally figures were woefully underreported and the levels of testing was just comical. The initial vaccine rollout was also a joke and relied on donations, whereas the UK was timely and impressive... though what any of this has to do with cannabis I don't know. 

The difference in death rates between other island nations, Australia and New Zealand, for example, are miniscule compared to Britain. But of course those two countries shut down immediately, while Boris Johnson avoided meetings, and hoped the whole thing would just go away, which is his usual modus operandi, when anything a little difficult comes along. These two countries also have an aging populace, in fact which country doesn't?
If "everyone and their cat" knows about Thailand's supposedly underreported figures I suppose it is too much to ask for a reference to your wild accusations? Other than the opinions of people you hang out with in bars, obviously.
This side topic came up as part of the general conversation, but perhaps you don't follow things too well.
If you're so dissatisfied with the way Thailand does things, perhaps this country isn't for you?

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Being an island makes no difference; we have these things called aeroplanes.

I certainly won’t be hiring you for any land war planning. ???? 

Yes, being an island makes a huge difference.  You have limited access points.  

Thailand can be entered by land from Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, and Malaysia.  

There are several highly successful industries centered around sneaking people and things across those borders.   

The fact that they were able to secure those points of entry reasonably well, even with a humanitarian crises happening on the other side of one of those borders, is actually an applaudable achievement.  

And yes, I’ve heard it airplanes.  

Maybe you didn’t hear that Thailand suspended all air traffic except for specially approved flights.  

For awhile even Thai citizens could not return to their country.  

But the UK, seemed to not understand that airplanes come from other places and allowed people to enter their island and keep bringing new Covid cases with them.  

The UK is one of the only countries in the world that is not restricting arrivals or enforcing health checks at airports, new data shows.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/07/uk-country-world-not-airport-health-checks-closing-border-12669125/

Edited by LOWERCASEGUY
  • Love It 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have never met Anutin but friends who have done business with him say it is actually very smart and savvy. He seems to cultivate his boorish image with the racist comments and other BS to appeal to his poltical base who are mainly peasant farmers in Buriram and Srisaket but he is hoping to expand that to other parts of the NE and South in the next election.  Pretending to be an idiot is also a clever way to avoid having to make intelligent repsonses to unwelcome media questions. 

• Like 1