Looking for a little help with hotel suggestions

thaitot

Hello to all. Is there anyone that could give me a little help with a hotel guest house or home. I will be traveling to Thailand and onward to Phuket the beginning of December.  With me will be my Thai wife of 14 years (we have not been back to Thailand pre Covid). We will be going to Phuket along with her brother sister in law an two kids 5 and 7. The airfare for us seems reasonable. I have been to Phuket one time about 15 years ago. Can someone give me there secret place suggestion. I know I can go to hotels.com ect but if someone can lean me to a place that you think has good value and would meet our needs I would be great full. So I am looking for a place or 2 hotel rooms.  one room with two beds and a room with one. Close proximity to the beach , it does not need to be waterfront but at least a short walk to the beach. A nice pool and close proximity to local Thai food. We need the ability to access reasonable local Thai  food , this is a must maybe there is a street market near by ect. I just don’t want to be stranded in a fancy hotel that requires us to eat at the hotel or need transportation to go to a town.   Budget wise I am not really stuck on any price range the cheaper the better online I see hotel rooms that are very cheap but It is hard to know if they are good or bad probably under 3,000 baht per room is fine 1000 to 1500 is better. Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, RmcaIssan said:

Your having a laugh !!!

" ...close proximity to the beach ..with pool ..." Cheap !!!!

Don't be too quick.

7 hours ago, thaitot said:

probably under 3,000 baht per room is fine 1000 to 1500 is better.

1000? No. 1500? No.

But I find a few places near beach/centrally for under 3000 in the first week of December (used booking.com).

Pool makes the difference.

Of course expect prices rising the closer you come to X-mas/NYE.

I will not give any names as I stayed on Phuket only two times since 2017.

Around X-mas I stayed at a place about 300 m from north end of Patong beach for about 1000/night (with tiny pool). But that was before the opening of the country (during sandbox phase).

Edited by KhunBENQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 7:54 AM, grumpyoldman said:

The Windmill Yannui Beach. .2 Kilometers to the beach, local markets in Rawai.

The Windmill is a nice place, but hasn't yet reopened from Covid.

Pictures from my walk this morning:

windmill1.jpg.72c2a941fb0abf2a5fefbc537c032246.jpg

windmill3.jpg.f177befb537623a18b4a6f6d08eeaa63.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2022 at 12:48 AM, grumpyoldman said:

Oh wow, ya, Richard and his wife, the owners, used to be my landlord. Thanks for this.

Walked past again this morning and the Windmill is still closed but it looks like the garden and parking areas have been cleaned up. Also, I just heard that they are looking for workers for a reopening. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 12:48 AM, grumpyoldman said:

Oh wow, ya, Richard and his wife, the owners, used to be my landlord. Thanks for this.

We just drove past the Windmill and it has reopened. Quiet neighborhood very close to Yanui beach.