Another DIY Solar Project

7 minutes ago, Encid said:

Congratulations :clap2:

Yes that battery certainly needs to be a bit higher, but otherwise looks like a nice neat installation.

By the way... you and I have the same make/model of electric lawn mower! :cool:

image.png.c993c08413453ff3e539fe4f978b7bdc.png

Yes  ... that was my work bench ....

• Love It 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

As I said elsewhere this months usage was 75kWhs and running fully on No Export.

Our meter was read on the 16th and up to now (21st) we have only imported 4.5kWhs

The last few nights have been quite cool and on two of them we didnt use air con. The battery has been close to lasting the night (DOD set at 25%)... last night was an exception as Mrs J decided to spend twenty minutes washing her hair in the shower running at the full 4kWs. Water is a little cool now if you dont use the heater. 

From midnight until just now ...5pm the inverter software showed that we imported 0.96kWhs and actually exported 0.20kWhs. Not really surprised that the inverter software couldnt keep up with the load changes ... first my coffee at about 6:15am then several other high usages ...breakfast/car charging/two lots of cloths washing at 50DegC/ironing/watering garden ect etc.

The anti reflux cut in about 1:30 pm when the battery was full and demand had reduced.

Below a snip of the data

No-Export21-12-2022.JPG.7220d9b91f82c33a71efaab650c6104b.JPG

• Love It 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I want to setup DIY solar, but instead of one large kw inverter I want to have several smaller shoebox style cheapie inverters around the house. I see the advantage in that if one goes out then I won't completely be without power. They are quite cheap on AliExpress but I know ratings are exaggerated. I have had half decent ones before where the label says 1500/3000watt and worked out at around 1000watt. Can anyone recommend anything half decent that gives real value of around 1000watt. On Lazada or Ali that you have tried. Cheers. 

Edited by TimeMachine

33 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Hi everyone,

I want to setup DIY solar, but instead of one large kw inverter I want to have several smaller shoebox style cheapie inverters around the house. I see the advantage in that if one goes out then I won't completely be without power. They are quite cheap on AliExpress but I know ratings are exaggerated. I have had half decent ones before where the label says 1500/3000watt and worked out at around 1000watt. Can anyone recommend anything half decent that gives real value of around 1000watt. On Lazada or Ali that you have tried. Cheers. 

Grid-tie, off-grid or hybrid?

Lots of choice of all flavours.

The low-cost stuff from Suoer and PowMr seems to get decent feedback, but if it fails buy a new one.