FIFA World Cup 2022 will be free to watch on TV in Thailand: SAT

webfact

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So the message has been sent out to every tv company in Thailand not to spend money on bidding to show the competition as it will be shown for free anyway. Genius.

If private companies can make a return by selling advertising they will buy it.  Why would they decide not to make money because someone else can buy it instead?  

The TV companies will not be planning to buy it as an act of charity.  .If they decide they can't make a return then the SAT can step in.  

What's wrong with that?

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Timbob said:

I hope there's a way to watch online with English commentary. 

Are you new to the internet???

Welcome!!!!

For the last 10-years, I can find free streaming in English.....takes a little work with the adblocking and lags and buffering, but in 2022 it's pretty easy.

find a kid and give them 20 baht and have them show you the internet!!!!  there's a way!!!! lol

2 hours ago, Timbob said:

I hope there's a way to watch online with English commentary. 

If it's shown on Thai TV (which in the past it always has been) you should be able to change the audio language by going into the settings on your TV (or TV box) and listen to the commentary into English.

Sometimes there is a button on your remote marked language.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

Are you new to the internet???

Welcome!!!!

For the last 10-years, I can find free streaming in English.....takes a little work with the adblocking and lags and buffering, but in 2022 it's pretty easy.

find a kid and give them 20 baht and have them show you the internet!!!!  there's a way!!!! lol

I'm aware of how the internet works, thanks.

I'd rather pay for an official stream with quality / reliability. Hopefully the games will be on Bein Sports or True Visions. 

1 hour ago, Timbob said:

Hopefully the games will be on Bein Sports or True Visions. 

Hopefully this will be the case - I would rather watch the matches on either of these channels - As a back up, will watch from my Ipad & screen mirror to my T.V..

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 3:03 PM, Dmaxdan said:

If it's shown on Thai TV (which in the past it always has been) you should be able to change the audio language by going into the settings on your TV (or TV box) and listen to the commentary into English.

Don't see many dual language channels on my Sophon digital ....just Mono29. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 3:03 PM, Dmaxdan said:

That's if it is a private TV station sending it. I remember once before SAT sent something similar (World Cup or European Cup) but only sent with Thai commentary. Maybe they have learned from their mistake.

I watch via streaming anyway.