Latest on 800K 3mo post-renewal reporting on Non-O retirement visa?

Will have my Non-O retirement visa annual renewal in couple of weeks time, using the 800k-in-bank approach as before.

The post-renewal reporting requirement that came some 3-4 yrs ago I guess is still there - wondering what kind of experiences people have if not filing for that report at all?

I have properly done it since it came, however thinking if should skip (and go for agent approach if causes issues next year) as every time I have done it, it appeared that the officials really did not care about the whole thing, and no receipt or anything given submit the report. Felt like direct-to-bin approach.

Anyone who have skipped the reporting completely, yet successfully renewed their visa a year later without issue?

Will be doing in Pattaya immigration.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Others have skipped the report to prove the 800k baht is still in bank without a problem.

question really is would I have issues if the bank account goes below 800K during the 3mo post renewal time, i.e not only skip the report, but also use the funds (but still have the 800K 2mo prior to renewal).

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your next extension would be denied if you did not keep the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months and then 400k baht after that. There have been reports of that happening.

Okay - so it appears that it is the reporting that is not really taken too seriously, but they still check the balance back for 12mo at the time of next renewal.

How about experiences of shifting to agent-based renewal the following year, and not keeping the balance over 800k after the previous renewal, does it matter at all? Or all the tricks the agents do to meet the financial requirement for their renewal job are completely independent on any history of previous renewal(s)?

Yeah, that happened to my neighbor, Vladimir. The Thais sent him back to Russia. Heard from him last night. He was sipping a beer in a pub when the press gang collared him and several other able bodied males. He leaves for basic training in the morning. He believes the Ukraine won't be as nice as Phuket. But, hey, your mileage may vary.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, mran66 said:

How about experiences of shifting to agent-based renewal the following year, and not keeping the balance over 800k after the previous renewal, does it matter at all?

I have read reports of agents being able to get it fixed at immigration.

Others have had to leave the country to get a new non-o visa and start over again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, petertucker48 said:

1900 Baht legally 20,000 agent.

I have understood something in range of of 13-15k in Pattaya.

Wondering if should continue with the 800K approach with the upgraded funds requirements, or switch to agent and not to worry about the account balance.

Edited by mran66

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 12:34 PM, ubonjoe said:

Your next extension would be denied if you did not keep the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months and then 400k baht after that. There have been reports of that happening.

Just to follow up on this one - did my extension the other day, and indeed the IO carefully checked my balance during past 12mo, and after checking said 'you need to be careful not to let the balance to go below the required levels'. Thus, at least in Pattaya immigration they indeed seem to be serious with this requirement.

5 minutes ago, mran66 said:

Thus, at least in Pattaya immigration they indeed seem to be serious with this requirement

They have always been serious with checking the funds over the previous 12 months.

At all offices.

The report back 3 months after obtaining the extension for bank book check (at Jomtien and couple of other io) was a rubbish idea.

Zero repercussions for ignoring it. 

The io for next extension will check previous 12 months. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 12:34 PM, ubonjoe said:

A quick question - for retirement extension do the funds have to be topped up back to minimum 800,000 baht 2 or 3 months before renewal date?

Bottom line.

You can skip the report.

There are no consequences to skipping the report.

I would go so far as to suggest NOT to do the report.

HOWEVER,

You cannot and should not skip following the minimum balance requirements.

That will be looked at during your next extension and if you haven't complied, EXPECT a rejection.

Talking about standard applications, not agent applications.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, bannork said:

A quick question - for retirement extension do the funds have to be topped up back to minimum 800,000 baht 2 or 3 months before renewal date?

2 months before....3 months after ????

• Like 1