Dehumidifier for drying

PETDCAT

I bought a Xiomai unit on Lazada. 18L/day capacity. I run a hose to a 6L water bottle, as its reservoir is somewhat small (1.8L?). ~4700 THB. Room usually around 55-60% RH, machine gets it down to 40-45%. Supposed to connect to Wifi, but I can't get it to work.

I looked up my order to send you the link, but Lazada says the unit is no longer available.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 4:25 PM, fuehrio said:

I note experienced folks in this forum recommend slow drying, however I found this report interesting and wonder if anyone tried herb dryers here: https://www.growweedeasy.com/review-herbsnow-dryer-for-drying-cannabis

Its a re-purposed food dehydrator. It will work but the buds will smell and taste like hay. Way too fast of a dry. 

• Like 2

For my indoor grow I am running the AC at 23°C and dehumidifier set for 50% during mid-flower and 40% late flower. I don't run the dehumidifier at any other time as there's no need.

I have the Widetech Xiaomi 18L dehumidifier in a 5x5 tent with the AC running 24/7. I think I paid about 5,000thb for it. 

I might get away with just the air-con on dry setting but after getting botrytis on several plants outside and one inside during rainy season I won't risk it. 

• Like 1

I dry with just the air-con on at 23°C and constant air flow around but not on the hanging plants. 

This is enough, I find a dehumidifier dries them out too much and too quickly.  Wherever possible I hang the whole plant after removing the excess fan leaves. They are usually dry within 10-12 days.

I cure in jars with Boveda packets to maintain 58 to 62% RH for a month burping twice a day for two weeks, down to once a day for the remainder of the month. 

I will be using Grove TerpLok bags on the next grow, will report back whether they are any good or not but I am hearing great things.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr Meseeks: "I have the Widetech Xiaomi 18L dehumidifier in a 5x5 tent with the AC running 24/7. I think I paid about 5,000thb for it. "

I think I have the same model, through Lazada, like 4,990. I only see 2 settings for RH: "clothes" and a water drop. Can't connect to WiFi

16 hours ago, Peabody said:

Mr Meseeks: "I have the Widetech Xiaomi 18L dehumidifier in a 5x5 tent with the AC running 24/7. I think I paid about 5,000thb for it. "

I think I have the same model, through Lazada, like 4,990. I only see 2 settings for RH: "clothes" and a water drop. Can't connect to WiFi

on the app, you have to set your region to 'china' for the bluetooth/wifi connectivity to work as its set to only work for china. then the app lets you control everything

Edited by DontDoubtMe
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1