Order at 3am, delivered at 5am - wow!

OneMoreFarang

I do prefer JIB over another company in Thailand that will go nameless.   Swapped a different laptop there after only one day (required shipping to BKK), and they took it in stride, was professional and I didn't get that normal vibe of "returning something in Thailand?  Are you crazy?" 

would recommend. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

I do prefer JIB over another company in Thailand that will go nameless.   Swapped a different laptop there after only one day (required shipping to BKK), and they took it in stride, was professional and I didn't get that normal vibe of "returning something in Thailand?  Are you crazy?" 

would recommend. 

I bought an HP laptop from them, battery failed just over a year later. Went back to the shop who told me they could not get new batteries and did not know where I could get one. OK when buying something but not helpful afterwards. 

3 hours ago, proton said:

I bought an HP laptop from them, battery failed just over a year later. Went back to the shop who told me they could not get new batteries and did not know where I could get one. OK when buying something but not helpful afterwards. 

That is obviously not good. 

But probably it wasn't the fault from the show where you bought it.

Some companies, like HP, Lenovo, and I am sure others, have different lines of products. Often they call them business or consumer products. Business products are normally more expensive, but they are more sturdy, and have better support. I.e. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad with premium support within 24h in my office. 

One of my customers bought a HP notebook. He though HP = good quality. When he had a problem, he gave it to them for repair and it took weeks before he got it back.

Obviously that is not all black and white but if someone relies on their PC and can't afford to have no working PC for a couple of days or even weeks then it is definitely a good idea to buy business class quality and support.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, proton said:

Did you try calling the English speaking helpline? I have never used a shop, just mail order - and phone service as pretty on point.

tbh, when I walk past and look at the shop staff they could be manning the  car shampoo department in Big C - do they know anything about computers? I would expect a shrug of the shoulders and a mai leu. 

I had issues with WD HDD, although I have bought others from them, when checking the serial with phone helpline they said it wasn’t one of theirs and gave me WD Panthip straight away without any question, just one time they were helpful. 

Edited by recom273

3 hours ago, recom273 said:

Did you try calling the English speaking helpline? I have never used a shop, just mail order - and phone service as pretty on point.

tbh, when I walk past and look at the shop staff they could be manning the  car shampoo department in Big C - do they know anything about computers? I would expect a shrug of the shoulders and a mai leu. 

I had issues with WD HDD, although I have bought others from them, when checking the serial with phone helpline they said it wasn’t one of theirs and gave me WD Panthip straight away without any question, just one time they were helpful. 

Took it to the shop, HP laptop died altogether after 2 years, never did locate a battery even contacting HP on line. 

17 minutes ago, proton said:

Took it to the shop, HP laptop died altogether after 2 years, never did locate a battery even contacting HP on line. 

Your issue is with buying an HP product. I bought an HP laptop. Slow, got hot, and died 2 yrs later. I bought an HP printer while living in China. Couldn't buy ink cartridges in Thailand for it. I bought an HP camera and the power switch failed before a year. Had it repaired and within another year the camera's sensor died leaving it with a blank screen.

My lesson learned:

Never buy another HP product again. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Your issue is with buying an HP product. I bought an HP laptop. Slow, got hot, and died 2 yrs later. I bought an HP printer while living in China. Couldn't buy ink cartridges in Thailand for it. I bought an HP camera and the power switch failed before a year. Had it repaired and within another year the camera's sensor died leaving it with a blank screen.

My lesson learned:

Never buy another HP product again. 

True, still got an 8 year old Toshiba laptop, never a problem