Be careful of stepping on someone's toes - you may get shot

webfact

image.jpeg

Sanook Thai Caption: Stepped on foot

Sanook reported from Ubonratchathani in north eastern Thailand where Khok Chan police responded after a teenage boy was shot dead.

It happened in the village of Ban Trakan where villagers from there and the surrounding area had gathered to hear country singers at a merit making "kathin" ceremony" at a house.

When the cops arrived there was a large throng of people.

Lying dead by a stage with multiple gunshot wounds was Suriya, 17.

Another person was taken to hospital injured. 

Villagers reported multiple gunshots ringing out after someone stepped on another person's toes during dancing. 

Local police are on the case. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-10-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Villagers reported multiple gunshots ringing out after someone stepped on another person's toes during dancing. 

I am quite sure that there was a bit more to accidently standing on someone's toes .

Generally, IF you do accidently stand on someone's toes or bump into them , a nod, acknowledgement or an apology resolves the situation .

The headline is rather misleading and will cause fear and panic among some ex-pats who will now get off their bar stools even less , because they fear accidently treading on a Thai persons toes and getting shot dead , they will walk the back streets avoiding people to get to their favourite bar , sit in the furthest corner and hold their p!ss in to avoid risking walking to the toilet and treading on someone's toes and getting shot dead 

Edited by Mac Mickmanus
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am quite sure that there was a bit more to accidently standing on someone's toes .

Generally, IF you do accidently stand on someone's toes or bump into them , a nod, acknowledgement or an apology resolves the situation .

The headline is rather misleading and will cause fear and panic among some ex-pats who will now get off their bar stools even less , because they fear accidently treading on a Thai persons toes and getting shot dead , they will walk the back streets avoiding people to get to their favourite bar , sit in the furthest corner and hold their p!ss in to avoid risking walking to the toilet and treading on someone's toes and getting shot dead 

But even using your foot to indicate something is taboo here. I learned this many years ago when nudging a bag of nails with my foot to indicate that was what I wanted to buy. my wife said "No. you mustn't do that." What about the politician's son's  henchmen who killed a cop who allegedly trod on the politician's son's foot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Lying dead by a stage with multiple gunshot wounds was Suriya, 17.

Poor kid .....  we don't know what transpired or why he was shot.   

Very very sad indeed .....   he had his whole life ahead of him.  

RIP Suriya boy.

savages ....  uneducated savages.   

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Best not to mix at all ... let them do their thing , stay out .

Another example that MANY people here in Thailand go out armed with a gun . Add a few drinks or drugs and a fragile ego , and you get an explosive mix .

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Another example that MANY people here in Thailand go out armed with a gun . Add a few drinks or drugs and a fragile ego , and you get an explosive mix .

Yes, I certainly give them a wide berth! Avoid the top of the head and the bottom of the feet, culture, holding them forever in the third world! ????

Edited by 2baht
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, ezzra said:

So making 'merit' which is a good deed, turned into a murder, and why people who comes to do good carry guns with them i wonder?... 

Thainess thing... go to a merit making ceremony tooled up just in case.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

Fuse wire.gif

On 10/20/2022 at 7:38 PM, Gandtee said:

But even using your foot to indicate something is taboo here. I learned this many years ago when nudging a bag of nails with my foot to indicate that was what I wanted to buy. my wife said "No. you mustn't do that." What about the politician's son's  henchmen who killed a cop who allegedly trod on the politician's son's foot.

We are still alive ,as farangs, by pure accident.

Interacting with Thais is like walking on eggshells , with the myriad of taboos here.

Now I know why we never seem to have any thai friends. ????????

• Haha 1