Question about US marriage

PattayaKevin

I'm having an extremely hard time getting married in Thailand even though I have all the required documents and everything certified from ministry of foreign affairs. The district offices just keep making excuses and told me to get an agent. So I got an agent who got me an October 18 date for the wedding however then the district office said it's only a document check that day. 

The agent is trying to get us married in a different district office up in Bangkok rather than Pattaya. However they won't give him a date. 

So plan b we might do which is a virtual US wedding. We would get a marriage license in the United States and get married through video with the judge in the United States. Marriage license and certificate would be the same as if we married in person in the United States. Nothing would say virtual. 

Could I then use that certificate at the Thai Ho Chi Minh embassy to apply for a one year multiple entry O visa? Or would I need it certified and legalized and transferred to the amphur here in Thailand. My concern on that is they might give us the run around to get that done like the run around on the marriage. 

4 hours ago, PattayaKevin said:

So plan b we might do which is a virtual US wedding.

I suspect that will just cause you more grief along the way. Just try a different Amphur, if your documents are all in order someone will marry you.

• Like 2

That's what I am worried about. We contacted several amphur ourselves no one is willing to marry a foreigner and a Thai most common excuses is still covid. No idea why since covid is over now. Even our agent who has connections in several amphur is having trouble. 

I contacted the Thai embassy in ho Chi Minh City and the one in Washington DC to see if they would accept the marriage certificate from the United States for a visa. Long holiday weekend again so don't expect a reply until later in the week sometime.