Our staff have covid. What should we do?

jack71

We just found out 2 of our staff have covid. Actually they are married. They work in different departments in our business. 

So what is the moral obligation now. Obviously they will have time off. But do we have to call our customers that might have been in contact? All staff and customers wear masks when visiting our business. 

Do we just keep our business open and 'on with the show'? i.e. keep things running with staff that dont have the plague? Or do we close down for a week?

I think its all played down now and obviously the virus not a dangerous virulent. Im over this....

thanks

post edit: Just found out that they both went to the small government clinic in their village. The officer/ nurse told them if their symptoms are minimal then they can return to work wearing a mask. 

Edited by jack71
update

for infected the only instruction is to wear double mask.

They can travel on public transport, work, do shopping, eat at public places.

You don't have to do anything about them. They can work from home, give them some online job for a week, just to prevent infection for you and the others at your workplace.

3 hours ago, jack71 said:

Prior to making daft comments please do your research. Its still a pandemic. 

https://www.lung.org/blog/epidemic-pandemic-endemic-covid

There has been a lot of discussion regarding the classification of Covid-19 to endemic status.

That is only a matter of time - the comment is not so flawed (BE88 just got his epi  & en mixed up, thats all).... 

• Thumbs Up 1

You ask for moral obligation. Guess some posters missed that ???? My take is that the Thai's want to move on and they are well protected by vaccines now so why not let them do that. They don't want you to do anything drastic. Sick stay at home is good, advice them to test themselves, nice gesture to pay for home tests (if fewish employees) but not necessary, they're only 30 baht or so at a pharmacy. Let me know if you need any help. No need to call the customers, they don't want to know anyway. 

I'd love to say vaccinated get sick leave with pay but unvaccinated don't get any money and are not allowed to come until they test positive but that is unfortunately not legal here. 

Edited by MikeyIdea

Ask your staff to stay at home - test with an ATK in 5 days, come back to work when negative. 

If they can do some work from home (depending of their symptoms). 

Test all other staff. If clear, continue as normal. 

There is a moral responsibility to tell customers IF you can reach them. However, I would be hesitant, that people could ‘blame’ you and your company when they could have also caught Covid-19 elsewhere - would they want to hold you accountable for them losing work etc ?

I’d avoid that risk. 

Much of this also depends what ‘customers’ you have and what your place of business is and the level of contact. 

I don’t Imagine Big C contacts all of  (or even any, or one) of the customers if a security guard, a checkout staff or shelf-stacker caught covid.

I don’t even Imagine an Airline wold contact all passengers if one of their Flight Attendants tested positive after a flight. 

I don’t expect a hotel would tell its residents if one of its front staff had tested positive for Covid-19. 

So... social or moral responsibility... its of course exists... but how difficult would it be to ’tell customers’ depends on the business and level of potential exposure...  

....personally, I’d be treating Influenza more seriously than Covid now as we’ve gone a few years without the the exposure to the ongoing antigenic drift of influenza and the next influenza outbreak could kick our backsides.... 

Edited by onthedarkside
misinfo comment removed
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ask your staff to stay at home - test with an ATK in 5 days, come back to work when negative. 

If they can do some work from home (depending of their symptoms). 

Test all other staff. If clear, continue as normal. 

There is a moral responsibility to tell customers IF you can reach them. However, I would be hesitant, that people could ‘blame’ you and your company when they could have also caught Covid-19 elsewhere - would they want to hold you accountable for them losing work etc ?

I’d avoid that risk. 

Much of this also depends what ‘customers’ you have and what your place of business is and the level of contact. 

I don’t Imagine Big C contacts all of  (or even any, or one) of the customers if a security guard, a checkout staff or shelf-stacker caught covid.

I don’t even Imagine an Airline wold contact all passengers if one of their Flight Attendants tested positive after a flight. 

I don’t expect a hotel would tell its residents if one of its front staff had tested positive for Covid-19. 

So... social or moral responsibility... its of course exists... but how difficult would it be to ’tell customers’ depends on the business and level of potential exposure...  

....personally, I’d be treating Influenza more seriously than Covid now as we’ve gone a few years without the the exposure to the ongoing antigenic drift of influenza and the next influenza outbreak could kick our backsides.... 

Too much thought.....do nothing, Covid has finished.

You can travel all over the world with it now ( if positive ) without any restrictions , maskes not needed at airport or on flights themselves, move on.....get back to normal.