Selling a House Privately

Please,

what platforms, social media , websites etc are/ could be a useful way to market a property

yes i realize a real estate agent is the obvious answer, but there are other ways to get the property online and seen

i appreciate any thoughts and suggestions as to the websites, platforms to investigate

Thanks..

Just don't sign an exclusive contract with anyone/realtor, as I found them all to be useless, when selling the 2nd house.  Social media, as stated, worked for us.  Wife started pages on FB & such.

Even this forum is a good start, in classifieds.  Sold our first house from a local forum, a couple days after I listed with a realtor (actually very good one), and before he had a chance to list it on his site, it sold on the forum ... quickest & easiest commission he ever made ????

Edited by KhunLA

Facebook Market place.... 

Be warned though... you will be contacted by loads of agents asking you questions pretending to be buyers... the question to ask them, in this order:

1) Is it you buying the house ?

- They will tell you they have a buyer lined up.

2) Who is the buyer, what nationality. 

- The can’t answer and say they will have someone soon. 

You will also be asked by the vast majority of people who contact you if you are an agent or not. 

... Thus, in your Facebook market place Add - state that you are the Owner Selling he Property. 

Also, if you don’t want to be bothered by agents state ’no agents’ (they’ll still bother you though !).

Agents will try and contact you for sole rights - just say no. 

Agents will also copy your Add and re-post it in other areas as their own.

Ultimately, the agents seem to do as little work as possible, just repost adds and attempt to make more money than they ever deserve. 

That said: for rental - agents ‘can’ be very helpful if you get with good and reliable ones. 

Thanks so much for all your very helpful and informed replies,

all of them will be utilised, i think the cost if any is negligible

Baht Sold was mentioned to me this morning, any thoughts on that one ?

Interesting comment from you Richard, about an agent copying the ad and reposting it as theirs,,,, why ? they have not been engaged to market the place so what is the benefit to them,

any further ideas , suggestions,,,,, please.

16 minutes ago, 33 RPM said:

Interesting comment from you Richard, about an agent copying the ad and reposting it as theirs,,,, why ? they have not been engaged to market the place so what is the benefit to them,

any further ideas , suggestions,,,,, please.

The re-posting agent will then arrange a viewing etc, get a signed contract, then get a cut of commission, spotters fee.

You need to be aware there is no official licenses, qualification etc to be an agent in Thailand, anyone can broker a deal, be part of the chain that puts buyer in touch with seller.

Everyone from the maid at a condo block through to the owner can be part of the sale.

52 minutes ago, 33 RPM said:

Possibly... but its limiting the ‘audience’ is it seems aimed at our used primarily by expats - the site seems pretty ‘dead’ the last time I looked at it. 

52 minutes ago, 33 RPM said:

The benefit to an agent ‘copying’ your FB Market Place advertisement is to market it as an agent.

IF they get a bite, they contact you and ask for xx commission (usually 3% but in some areas such as Pattaya the cheeky beggars seem to ask or as much as 5%).

Basically, they’ve decided to try to sell something of yours without your permission - some people do not like this as its somewhat ‘underhand’.