Bike Front Forks- what do these do?

carlyai

this is hilarious.  th?id=OIP.IySyPduQbIHYJy9QtnWbdQHaHa&pid=Api&P=0

you might need a fork pump, but if you are asking what it is...........maybe working this pump would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to complicated.   a fork can't raise the handlebar stem, don't worry about that.  I'm 99% sure you won't be racing, so act like you never saw these forks and just ride your bike.   Even the word "lockout" might be a clue.

good stuff in the morning. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

this is hilarious.  th?id=OIP.IySyPduQbIHYJy9QtnWbdQHaHa&pid=Api&P=0

you might need a fork pump, but if you are asking what it is...........maybe working this pump would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to complicated.   a fork can't raise the handlebar stem, don't worry about that.  I'm 99% sure you won't be racing, so act like you never saw these forks and just ride your bike.   Even the word "lockout" might be a clue.

good stuff in the morning. 

Glad to make your day but a Thai at the shop said something about raising the handlebars. ????

7 hours ago, carlyai said:

On our 2 bikes we have what looks like adjustable front forks. I'm not sure if they adjust the fork damping or raise the handlebar stem or what.

Someone please clue me in? Thanks. ????

Its a suspension adjustment. 

Depending on the model you can go from 'Full Lock' (no suspension) to a ‘Soft' setting and various degree’s between. 

On Cheaper models it may simply be a suspension ‘Lock' or suspension ‘Unlocked' setting. 

The effectiveness of your suspension depends on various factors such as air (it may need to be pumped up) and the quality of equipment itself. 

The ‘raising the handlebars’ information you were given is mostly likely a very poor translation and an very over simplified over simplification of what he front suspension does. 

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its nothing to do with raising the handlebars.....   The Thai shop is wrong. 

Yes something lost in translation. I think the shop owner knew what he was saying, but only half was understood. ????