What a moron

OneMoreFarang

I saw lots of Lex Fridman Podcasts and most of the time he talks with intelligent interesting people.

Today I saw on YouTube this video. I don't really care about "Ye" and I think people should just ignore him. But it seems there are millions of people who care about that guy. So I thought: Ok, let's have a look at that video and find out what it's all about.

Until now I watched 5min and then after a break another 5min and now I just looked the 3rd time 5min. Looking it all together is impossible, the guy is just so totally f#%# up.

I really worry about the state of this world in which morons like him are famous and successful.

Some good songs. Many a person on this site has thought of Gold Digger in relation to their life in Thailand I imagine. I think few would take his ramblings seriously. It may have the effect of showing his fans that if one is talented in one area someone can still be a <deleted> in others. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I really worry about the state of this world in which morons like him are famous and successful.

Movie stars haven't changed, we just have access to their thoughts 24/7 via social media.  Before the internet, all we knew was their movies and their appearances on Parkinson.

I think with Kanye, he already had some problems, but he found a lot of fame/notoriety by speaking out in favour of conservatives and against wokeism.  I guess he got a little bit carried away with "speaking his mind".

• Like 1

He made billions, has access to billions of dollars.

This "moron" has more power than ALL of TVF combined, times 100000000000.

Maybe his IQ is low, bad ethics, bad morals, bad person.......but he has ONE thing that everyone here wants and craves and needs and begs for and dreams about and is controlled by..

MONEY.   an endless supply, no matter what you read.

Call him a "moron," sure.  He is.  I don't care for him.  But ask yourself HOW HOW HOW he became super powerful and super rich and super famous and you did NOT!!!!!   lol

20 bowl noodle soup, Chang beer, 200 baht budget, worried about immigration, oh no my pension!!!!!!!!!

if this "moron" can do, why couldn't anyone here do it????????????????????

• Haha 1

He's a nobody and losing sponsors left and right because he's actally unstable and always has always been. He has virtually no talent and rode the coat tails of the rap industry where anyone that puts out any type of music suddenly becomes an icon. He was dumped by Kardashian for reason. 

2 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

He made billions, has access to billions of dollars.

This "moron" has more power than ALL of TVF combined, times 100000000000.

Yes, I understand that.

Until now I totally ignored him because I can't care about every person in this world.

But he is famous and controversial, and I thought: Let's look what it is all about. There must be something about that guy that makes him interesting.

That's why I watched that video. And that's why I didn't stop after 5 minutes but I tried again for 5 minutes. And again. It was really difficult to listen to that drivel, but I thought: Hey, maybe within 15 minutes he will say something which explains his fame. I tried, but I didn't hear any sentence which made any sense at all.

And that is why I am a little concerned about the state of this world. How super stupid must millions of people be that they follow this stupid guy?

It is just something I don't understand. And I tried to understand it.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I never really cared about having more money that I needed.

Nothing wrong with noodle soup and beer IHMO.

Exactly, use what you have because if not you can not take it with you and when your dead all they will f....ing do is fight over it.

• Like 2

There isn't necessarily a connection between talent and wealth...or fame.

I cannot think of a talent or skill I have (though I was a pretty good amateur athlete, just not pro level), but I got rich because society pays for the obscure thing I could do well. Some little guy named Justin Bieber made millions singing a song "Baby, baby, baby, ooooh" that must have taken five seconds to write. Damien Hirst is worth a few hundred million, yet there must be ten million 'artists' with as much skill (but inferior marketing). The Universe isn't fair.

There are a range of tastes in terms of entertainment. What I might consider pedestrian and banal is another's artistic treasure. What I enjoy is likely pure ennui to others. If what one produces makes one sinfully rich, one is a superstar; if one fails, call your production "Indy".

In a free market cream doesn't necessarily rise to the top. The collective preference does. Lots of people think Kanye speaks for them...or at least they did. I'll never understand, but for those who can exploit society's preferences and deliver what the masses want, good on them.

55 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And that is why I am a little concerned about the state of this world. How super stupid must millions of people be that they follow this stupid guy?

It is just something I don't understand. And I tried to understand it.

Don't know how old you are, but I figured out how stupid the world was - is - and will be - not long after my teens.

Who cares if you 'understand' it ? What is to understand ?

Most people are Idiots. There - done and dusted.

52 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

There isn't necessarily a connection between talent and wealth...or fame.

I cannot think of a talent or skill I have (though I was a pretty good amateur athlete, just not pro level), but I got rich because society pays for the obscure thing I could do well. Some little guy named Justin Bieber made millions singing a song "Baby, baby, baby, ooooh" that must have taken five seconds to write. Damien Hirst is worth a few hundred million, yet there must be ten million 'artists' with as much skill (but inferior marketing). The Universe isn't fair.

There are a range of tastes in terms of entertainment. What I might consider pedestrian and banal is another's artistic treasure. What I enjoy is likely pure ennui to others. If what one produces makes one sinfully rich, one is a superstar; if one fails, call your production "Indy".

In a free market cream doesn't necessarily rise to the top. The collective preference does. Lots of people think Kanye speaks for them...or at least they did. I'll never understand, but for those who can exploit society's preferences and deliver what the masses want, good on them.

I think it’s easy to believe someone with a particular talent e.g. stockbroker, lion tamer, builder might be a d I c k but someone with style and a bit of cool and a street wiseness and artistry and the ability to communicate feelings and emotions, as he has a bit,  and one might expect that such a person is not a total d I c k. That is why I think the jury has been out as to whether he is simply a d I c k or has mental issues or is simply eccentric. At this point though I think he pushed the goodwill he has banked up too far.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy