Good Massage Therapist in Bangkok?

Massage can be a hit n a miss in Thailand from my experience.

Everyone parlor seems to have some awesome masseuses and some duds. It's a roll of the dice every time.

Anyone know a therapist that's really good at what they do?

(In Bangkok only, please)

Would you be so kind as to let us know where they work? Like "name of therapist at xyz establishment", if possible.

Or if there is just a place that you have found to be consistently good that would be great, too.

Thanks.

Edited by 2009

To be honest.  I have been to a couple of the massage shops since living in Bangkok.  I didn’t think they did a very good job.  It was like they were rubbing the surface of my skin. 
When I visited some other cities in Thailand I got massages at the hotel spas and they were good . 

I suggest you look into the major hotel spas instead of the shops.  But it is going to cost you more. 

• Like 1

Massage is very individual - what might be strong for me might be weak for you etc etc..

yes, it is very hit and miss even among knowledgeable masseuses.. there is one lady local to me who is excellent but always too strong for me and others and she does not seem to be able to lighten up... there is another lady who seems to intuitively know where I am hurting and how much pressure... might she have the same intuition towards everyone - I don't know. 

My best advice is to find a masseuse that works well for you - and keep going regularly.. 

• Like 1

I can't recommend a person, but if you are looking to try some out I'd suggest taking a trip down to Charoen Krung Soi 72, there's a few no-frills massage places, I think there is a school for it as well.  The price is low too.  An interesting way to get there is Chao Phraya boat to Wat Worachanyawas jetty puts you right there.  It's about a 1 mile walk from Saphan Taksin skytrain station. 

On second thought if you're concerned about contagious illness in close quarters you may want to hold off until better times.  It's all mats on the floor, at least 4 mats per room.