How to know the value of a condo?

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

What was it like?

It was this place , the building looked to be about 40 years old and hadnt had any updates since then , everything inside looked to be about 40 years old , doors, windows and even the vinyl flooring had worn out due to usage .

The stairwell had a guard that was sometimes at knee height , with a sheer drop down to the ground floor .

500 000 Baht to go and live in the 1980's

https://www.google.com/maps/@18.7853445,99.0231181,3a,48.2y,51.18h,113.33t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sh1ZRFiX_x4hy6HRa1pC8dw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I have not found anything more reliable than hipflat or fazwaz market trend data in Thailand.  It is all over the place depending on location and age of project.  Asians don't like to buy second hand properties, especially once they reach 8-10 years old, unless they're in absolutely prime locations.

6 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

I look at it this way .buy the best house for what you want to pay...... Do work on it add the cost to purchase price ..then sell it for the total price..... So no money lost..... Infact if you had rented instead of buying it.  You would have  wasted all the rent money .. so really profit in one year alone Could have saved you anything from 100.000  up ..so win win ...

We're kinda moving away from the op but rent isn't wasted money. You do get a number of things in return including a roof over one's head.

*Just sell it. Not always an easy task in this market.

Dollar denominated savings in US accounts/ modest savings given the low rents here - expats may soon be able to keep money again in the relative safety of CDs and use the interest to pay rent. Of course, there's the inflation issue but that's one way of looking at it.

If I were single, married to another foreigner and or had no children there's really only one reason to purchase and that's comfort, security. To counter that many vagaries and total randomness in condo and especially home ownership in Thailand. Not to mention a change in health might drive a person back home as well.

Edited by BonMot